advertisement

nap 140 boards

synapse

pfm Member
hiyall....could any of you bright sparks show me a pic of 140 boards indicating the input cap and feedback cap.....i'm pretty sure i've identified them but need some confirmation before i get my soldering iron out

many thanks in advance

140-tants.jpg

In the picture above, cap #1 is your input cap and cap #2 is the feedback.

Happy modding :)
Carl.

Hi, I am planning to molest my 180 soon and am particularly interested in the caps mentioned above, does it have the same layout? If not, does anyoune have pictures of a 180 board?

Also, what reservoir caps would be best for a recap, kendeils (what kind and size, e.g. K01 63V 2*10000uF per channel), four pole t-nets or Avondale minicapmodules?

Regards /Magnus

Hi Carl,

What about caps number 3,4,5 ? Are they worth to exchange ? Any advice ?

:) Tomek

Cap 3 is part of the biasing circuit as far as I can tell, and shouldn't have much impact on sound. Caps 4 and 5 are part of the SOA circuit; the LesW mod of disabling the SOA circuitry is a good upgrade and worthwhile... others will be able to advise on that better than I.

Magnus, my gut feeling would be that a set of minicap modules would be the best, then the T-nets, then Kendeils in that order but others may disagree about the order of the first two.

Cheers,
Carl

I agree with Hacker , I fitted some Mini Cap6 module from Avondale , to my mates old 160 , took it to another level , loads of detail , tighter bass , if you look on my profile and search through threads started by me , you will find some pictures and a description of how the sound improved.... Jon
To disable the current limiting circuit , just rip out the two little transistors nearest to the heat sinks , the ones either side of the two blue tantalum caps labelled 4 and 5.

advertisement

Back