advertisement

Name and shame crap new vinyl pressings

To be honest I have been quite lucky up to now and nearly all the new pressings I have seem OK, I do make sure I give them a clean on the Project VCS before playing.

I discovered a few original records from the 60's-late 80's played fine on my old equipment back then, however a few did not like a newer, far more refined set up and
stuck in a couple of places. After a second clean, concentrating on the affected areas they still played up. This applies to some maybe 10 or so albums which I play on a less sensitive set-up, I also use this for 7" singles, and new secondhand records prior to cleaning. The records affected would be tiresome to replace with as good a copy as I have, even with the pressing faults. works for me.

Bloss

Other than reggae, always notoriously bad

I have an original 1970's (oil crisis) Jamaican pressing of Culture- Two Sevens Clash which is a sight to behold. Would never get near my TT. but it looks so authentic I had to buy it.

Remind me to show it you.

I have an original 1970's (oil crisis) Jamaican pressing of Culture- Two Sevens Clash which is a sight to behold. Would never get near my TT. but it looks so authentic I had to buy it.
Remind me to show it you.

Might have to take you up on that. I have a second t/t for the roughh stuff, but some do not even make it there these days .

Bloss

Not too bothered about this , I will play anything on my tt as long as I think the stylus won't get ripped off , Jamaican digestive biscuits included.

advertisement

Back