advertisement

Nait XS

say it as it is

pfm Member
Picked up a Nait XS as sounded pretty good for an integrated and the the option of using a Hicap type power supply or using it as a pre or power amp meant lots a of options.

to use a hicap type power supply the naim wiring shows the usual 5pin to power supply 4pin back to amp.

all my power supplies are power only avondale style so separate power and signal

so how can I use an avondale supply with the Nait XS?

I know there was a flashback lead that had 5pin power only at one end , with both 5 pin and 4 pin on the other end. was this to loop the signal back into the XS?

apart from that any thoughts on the XS vs the nait5i?

Paired a naim nait xs with power supply,
Could increase the life spam of it components.
I mean make longer the time of recapping.

I was using a naim nait xs /hicap dr, since I bought it in 2013.two years ago I did sell the hicap, because prefer the xs alone.
Thanks

you prefer the excess without a hicap?

i have a Y cable I used it as a 5 pin power only when i foolishly sold my flashback cables with my previous amps

I have used both XS & SN2 with or without hicap.
Clearly to hear the improvements adding psu

But overtime I realized the coherence and timing were preferred on the single amp.
Its a bit pro & con, and taste will of course play a role too.

Teddy's psu are sort of more polite, for some a welcomed addition, the best psu I've tried/liked was Hicap DR, expensive though.

I've had both 5i-2 and the XS. I found the XS to be a lot better. It gave music a magic touch that was really good to listen to. Never used any sort of special power supply though!

I think there is no specific role for an amplifier work better with a turntable vs a CD player.It will work well with both, it depends of the quality of the source and the amplifier

Am using a modified Rotel RCD 955 that has paired well with 72/180 in the past.
The biggest change is the speakers naim Intro, trying to adjust to them.
Treble can be overpowering and bass absent at lower volume. Tad louder and gets better but as same tweeter as SBL am going to try some grills with acoustic foam in them to calm the tweeter. No grills at present.
Also the crappy internal crossovers tempted to try the SBL cross over see if that helps

advertisement

Back