advertisement

Nait 5i issue

say it as it is

pfm Member
ok finally got the Nait 5i i had been waiting to get.
nice clean 2008 model he bought it from new
developed a fault where it changes input erratically.
He tried the dealer he bought it from in Glasgow who advised would be £330 plus to get looked at and repaired. He spoke with another repairer he didn't say which one but they more or less told him its the pcb behind the selector buttons failing an be in region of £150 to replace.

so question here anyone else had this fault can it be a diy fix or need to go back to naim or authorised service agent to get parts? if I thought it was cheap enough to do might just bite the bullet get a full service but becomes a very expensive amp then.

anyone dealt with this before still sounds nice so not major concerns about recap etc

My nait5i had a flashing input button and no sound, €350 Later!, naim replaced the "optocoupler"
Thinking back now I should of sold it with the intermittent fault and not given naim another cent for repairing their junk.

My nait5i had a flashing input button and no sound, €350 Later!, naim replaced the "optocoupler"
Thinking back now I should of sold it with the intermittent fault and not given naim another cent for repairing their junk.
If it really is just an optocoupler that had failed, then that’s absolutely criminal, they could’ve done it for 1/10th of that (plus postage obviously).

Ouch ! I’ll keep my vintage no fuss no frill Naim amps then !

Naim charge a flat £350, they also have a approved service agent or you can use an independent.

I fail to see the problem really, at least they look after past products.

advertisement

Back