advertisement

Naim users... speaker cable better than NAC A5

naka

pfm Member
This is an old question to most of Naim users: what is better than the stiff NAC A5 speaker cable?
I have a Nac122x / Flatcap2x/ Nap150x combo and find the A5 sound a tad bright and tight in comparison with the Supra Ply 3.4s that I have been using...but I must say that the A5 have a superior clarity.

There are a few alternatives like the Linn K20, but I think it could have the same sound signature...

So am wondering what else could I use? I want to keep the Naim’s famous PRAT characteristic sound but less shark on the top end.
Any good tips?

Another vote for Avondale BlackLink. I first bought it in about 2007, and only replaced it when we moved here and needed longer runs.

Definitely maintains the Naim signature as far as I can tell, and it reigns in the treble nicely. You can coil it around your little finger without problems!

This is an old question to most of Naim users: what is better than the stiff NAC A5 speaker cable?
I have a Nac122x / Flatcap2x/ Nap150x combo and find the A5 sound a tad bright and tight in comparison with the Supra Ply 3.4s that I have been using...but I must say that the A5 have a superior clarity.

There are a few alternatives like the Linn K20, but I think it could have the same sound signature...

So am wondering what else could I use? I want to keep the Naim’s famous PRAT characteristic sound but less shark on the top end.
Any good tips?

I use Kudos KS-1 with my Naim and it’s very good. It’s thin and flexible and not silly money. It’s nice and open sounding but keeps the Naiminess.

I had the opportunity to compare the Naim NAC A4, NAC A5 and the Linn K20.
They all sound the same and they are more than good enough. Give you all the Naim PRaT without harshness.
Now buying Linn K20 exclusively as it’s the most affordable and flexible of the lot.

I’ve used Witch Hat N2 and now Phantom which are both very good, and as mentioned flexible.

What about the Kelvin K19 cables that are for sale in the Classifieds?

Would Atlas Hyper Speaker Cable be suitable for Naim amps? I have some that I could try with my Nait 2 if so.

Would Atlas Hyper Speaker Cable be suitable for Naim amps? I have some that I could try with my Nait 2 if so.
I think it’s only Litz type cables and some of the woven cables (I might be wrong) that can cause Naim amps trouble. That Atlas looks fairly normal, so give it a go. If your house burns down, I’ll delete this reply!

Should be fine :)

advertisement

Back