Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Naim UnitiQute 2 display

Discussion in 'audio' started by al2002, Oct 29, 2020.

1. lagavullin10y

lagavullin10y pfm Member

They are hypersensitive regarding Brexit these days. Maybe they start using their EU based repair locations more. I think they do repairs to a certain degree in The Netherlands, Germany and Italy.

Robert M likes this.
  2. Olsen

Olsen pfm Member

I'd Expect 30% price increase if hard brexit, plus customs chaos first period.

3. MJS

MJS Technical Tinkerer

What will Brexit do? For one, no EU VAT will be charged, so 20% cheaper in theory. There are no Customs charges if you're temporarily importing/exporting for repairs.

4. Adam N

Adam N pfm Member

May I ask what power amp you use with it?

5. Dave***t

Dave***t Revolutionary relativist

People can guess, but the bottom line is that nobody quite knows yet, because it depends on negotiations which haven’t ended yet. More should become clear in the next few weeks.

6. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

Reminds me why I don't post on manufacturers' forums these days. The traffic is only one way.

7. Olsen

Olsen pfm Member

So many restrictions and issues not allowed to be discussed there, sharp contrast to the happy JV days.
    Any critism are met with strange admin behavior.

It has really become a full marketing tool by now.

8. ralphj

ralphj pfm Member

Adam,
    It is into a bolted Naim 160

Adam N likes this.
  9. ryder

ryder pfm Member

That's not my experience. Apart from SNAIC and 3rd party power supplies which are prohibited to be discussed on the Naim forum, it's quite a free speech over there. You can post anything freely on the forum such as amplifier A or B sounding better than Naim, no issue. On the other hand, try posting something that sounds better than Harbeth speakers on the user forum and you would be mercilessly shot down by the close-knit clan before being handed the red card by the moderator.

10. ryder

ryder pfm Member

I've read about issues with displays on Naim units 2 to 3 years ago and it's unfortunate to note additional experiences here on this thread. I'm fortunate to have gone with "old-school" Naim gear, amps without any displays on the front panel.

11. Darybarik

Darybarik New Member

Update to this thread, I have just noticed someone on EBay is selling a replacement kit for most Naim screen problems.
    Type in “Naim oled” should take you straight there.

12. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

You've been lucky then....the rest of us ex Naim forum refugees were hounded out by oppressive and ridiculous admin interventions

13. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

Yes, all my posts had to be checked by the mod before they were allowed online, maybe for the last 12months, I got seriously fed up and told him in a good few abusive word's what he could do with his site.

14. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Yes its pathetic

15. wcavanagh

wcavanagh pfm Member

Thanks for posting that. I’m tempted