advertisement

Naim UnitiQute 2 display

A bit of a side track question, what will Brexit do for the price of repairs of naim equipment sent back to the uk from Europe. I asked something similar on the naim forum and it was quickly removed and now my posts have to be pre approved by a mod.

They are hypersensitive regarding Brexit these days. Maybe they start using their EU based repair locations more. I think they do repairs to a certain degree in The Netherlands, Germany and Italy.

What will Brexit do? For one, no EU VAT will be charged, so 20% cheaper in theory. There are no Customs charges if you're temporarily importing/exporting for repairs.

A bit of a side track question, what will Brexit do for the price of repairs of naim equipment sent back to the uk from Europe.

I asked something similar on the naim forum and it was quickly removed and now my posts have to be pre approved by a mod.

People can guess, but the bottom line is that nobody quite knows yet, because it depends on negotiations which haven’t ended yet. More should become clear in the next few weeks.

They are hypersensitive regarding Brexit these days. Maybe they start using their EU based repair locations more. I think they do repairs to a certain degree in The Netherlands, Germany and Italy.
Reminds me why I don't post on manufacturers' forums these days. The traffic is only one way.

Reminds me why I don't post on manufacturers' forums these days. The traffic is only one way.

So many restrictions and issues not allowed to be discussed there, sharp contrast to the happy JV days.
Any critism are met with strange admin behavior.

It has really become a full marketing tool by now.

So many restrictions and issues not allowed to be discussed there, sharp contrast to the happy JV days.
Any critism are met with strange admin behavior.

It has really become a full marketing tool by now.
That's not my experience. Apart from SNAIC and 3rd party power supplies which are prohibited to be discussed on the Naim forum, it's quite a free speech over there. You can post anything freely on the forum such as amplifier A or B sounding better than Naim, no issue. On the other hand, try posting something that sounds better than Harbeth speakers on the user forum and you would be mercilessly shot down by the close-knit clan before being handed the red card by the moderator.

I've read about issues with displays on Naim units 2 to 3 years ago and it's unfortunate to note additional experiences here on this thread. I'm fortunate to have gone with "old-school" Naim gear, amps without any displays on the front panel.

Update to this thread, I have just noticed someone on EBay is selling a replacement kit for most Naim screen problems.
Type in “Naim oled” should take you straight there.

You've been lucky then....the rest of us ex Naim forum refugees were hounded out by oppressive and ridiculous admin interventions
Yes, all my posts had to be checked by the mod before they were allowed online, maybe for the last 12months, I got seriously fed up and told him in a good few abusive word's what he could do with his site.

would anyone want the original display screen, they fail. I have a feeling as well they are not produced now so may well be failing just sat around doing nothing?

There is an alternative available on line now, not quite the same but works.

would anyone want the original display screen, they fail. I have a feeling as well they are not produced now so may well be failing just sat around doing nothing?

There is an alternative available on line now, not quite the same but works.
He seems to have resurrected several old posts asking people to contact him. I'd be wary of any post like this potentially asking for money? Why resurrect several 2yr old posts in one day and yet no other posts anywhere else since joining in April??

If you are competent at diy electronic repairs (some on these forums who have a go shouldn't go anywhere near taking the top off things...) then you can change it yourself. I use a chap in France who can supply a suitable screen. It may not be original but they work and he is good to deal with. Search for Naim screen on ebay.com (Not .UK) and send him a message. Wether he will ship outside the EU (there was no problem with the UK) you will have to ask him.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I think you have to be careful with oem I think naim changed them slightly so things need tweaking if the geezer here pushing his wares has the original ones it might be a struggle.

If you are uk based not sure how much money you are actually saving by going for an OEM product offered on a popular auction site. Naim offer a ‘Screen Only’ repair service. Late last year I had the screen replaced on my NDS for £179 including shipping both ways. If I understand it correctly the new screen is more durable and requires a firmware update to make the screen not be upside down.

Looking at a popular auction site you seem to be paying circa £106 for a product shipped from China that you have to fit yourself and have the risk. Please note my dealer initially quoted me a full repair at a much higher cost before I pointed out this option so be clear with your dealer that you are requesting a ‘Screen Only’ repair. A full factory dust valet as part of it has got to be worth a pint of beer too :)

advertisement

Back