advertisement

Naim System automation - ND5 XS2 to NAC 282

jusphish

Enthralled by Naim
Can anyone recommend a specific cable that works for system automation between a current Naim streamer such as the ND5 XS2 and Naim preamp such as NAC 282?

I have tried a couple of basic mono 3.5mm to mono RCA phono cables, of which one didn’t work and the other worked only once and a while, with the plug almost, but not fully, inserted on the streamer end.

In the past I was able to easily connect the same ND5 XS2 to a Supernait 2 (which requires a different cable), so still working on the assumption that this is a cable/plug fitting issue.

Looking for one that’s known to work, and would appreciate any leads. ;)

It’s from 2012. Thanks for the community thread too, hadn’t found that one yet. I guess I’ll have to have a look inside then. o_O

It’s from 2012. Thanks for the community thread too, hadn’t found that one yet. I guess I’ll have to have a look inside then. o_O
I’d expect your 282 to already have the pcb mod as it post dates the streamers by a year or so. Dunno how to check if it has though, fired an email to Naim support?

If a newer model, the RC5 might be wired out of phase, check this thread
https://community.naimaudio.com/t/trying-to-automate-nac-282-from-ndx-and-failing/1328/21
The connection looks correct, at least per the Naim thread. Good opportunity to have a look inside though.
OhanPUDl.jpg

Tried a third cable today. Still no joy. I guess I’ll have to get in touch with Naim. Surprised this is a stumbling block as it was so straightforward on the SN2.

Tried a third cable today. Still no joy. I guess I’ll have to get in touch with Naim. Surprised this is a stumbling block as it was so straightforward on the SN2.
Maybe your 282 needs the mod, best bet is ask Naim. I don’t know what the mod entails exactly or how to tell if your 282 has it already.

Me neither. It would be a shame to have to send it in just for this but also would end the uncertainty.

advertisement

Back