advertisement

Naim supernait 1

I listened to one when I was buying my Martin Logan Summits, and assumed I was listening to a top of the range Naim pre-power combo. Very impressive. It also has a digital input, which Naim dropped when they launched the NDAC. A friend did the comparison between SN1 digital and NDAC+SN2 and although the latter was a 'bit' better, only by a whisker.

If I had an excuse to own one I would!

I listened to one when I was buying my Martin Logan Summits, and assumed I was listening to a top of the range Naim pre-power combo. Very impressive. It also has a digital input, which Naim dropped when they launched the NDAC. A friend did the comparison between SN1 digital and NDAC+SN2 and although the latter was a 'bit' better, only by a whisker.

If I had an excuse to own one I would!
lovely speakers , which of course have their own built in class d amps . enjoyed mine [ summit x]
its interesting how naim took the dac out and many others like hegel etc put them back in !!

.As an aside, I have tried a Hi-Cap on the SN1 and I didn't like the changes it made. Heresy I know....:D

I know what you mean! I've had SN1 for around 10 years. They run my PMC FB1s...before that I used Arcam C31/P38. But that was way too sensible a sound.

a flat cap killed the boogie... and I’m now four months running a Hi Cap... and I’m not sure either.... I think I preferred it bare....

I also like the dac, i run Tidal, an Oppo 103 and the telly through them.... no need for another box there.....

If the OP has a 72/250, then he probably has a Hi-Cap already (although it would cosmetically match the SN1). Honestly, I'd stick with the 72/250.

advertisement

Back