advertisement

Naim Stageline questions

Colin, leaving in the 560 You have to go 2K ish to go to 430 so its a Faf on with a calc, just remove it and use a switch or loading plug to have a range of single values that are common with modern carts
I used the following values 68R, 100r, 150r, 220r, 330R, 470R Dale RN65 resistors because I had most of these in.
Alan
Yes I realised you couldn’t go higher. Ah yes sorry I see what you mean if you want values above a couple of hundred ohms you indeed need to use high values. Could just go inside and snip or desolder the existing loading resistor on one side

Those values you’ve chosen are decent. I’d also want a bit lower to try for certain carts such as the Linn Kandid. Linn’s own loading for the Kandid is 42 ohms on the Urika.

1K might be good for cartridges like the Denon 103 and maybe that or a bit higher for the DL110.

If you wish you can lift just one leg of each resistor and then it’s easy to revert back to standard.
Yes that’s what I just wrote and had thought of too. Then you won’t risk losing the original! Just heat shrink the end you’ve removed

Colin, I removed the on board loading resistors so only one resistor is required for each channel and no need to calculate the value required. Also what would you do if you wanted say a 1K load? I actually prefer loading plugs to switching. All my diy builds use loading plugs.
That’s fair enough. I see what you mean re higher loading and the calculations
Why do you prefer loading plugs? I have heard that switching isn’t quite as good for sound, but it’s certainly
convenient for fast changes to compare.
I can’t really put a hole in the chassis for a rotary switch so I’ll likely use loading plugs too. I suppose if you had a few different values on different plugs it’s quite fast to change.

I suppose I just like things simple and a pair of extra phono sockets or T connectors is really easy. Wiring can be kept short too.

I’m not an unnecessary spender but these I have are plenty robust. I’ll dig them out tomorrow and maybe post a pic or two.

advertisement

Back