advertisement

Naim solstice price

Having been out of the hi-fi circle relatively speaking for a few years I was surprised to see a Naim TT system amongst the rest of thier gear at the recent North west hi-fi show. I was so surprised I had to ask how long it had been in production & to find out, it was a limited edition run off of 500. I thought in such a short run this would be well sought after but it appears not. Sadly whilst at the show I did not get to hear it but the Naim room was certainly amoung the best at show.
All things apart being half the price of the Linn (or thereabouts) I thought it may actually be good value for money.

There will be a number of margins: distributor, regional distributor, dealer etc, each taking a minimum of 35% to 40%, so you can see where your money is going and what the real cost of the product is...

Yeah the calculation could be an interesting read.

Was one Solstice/Naim is/are crap thread not enough for you lot? This is the same shit that some of you have been repeatedly posting in the other Solstice thread for weeks on end. Made all the more laughable by the fact most of you ‘experts’ have never actually listened to one.

Sorry if I am being thin-skinned or just misunderstanding. Was this a response to my post?

I believe you can build LP12 at just about any price level.
Also most Solstice reviews around are compared with LP12 decks of some kind.
Probably P10, Vertere and a few others.

There seem to be a good ongoing turnover into the niche, nice.
Of course I was relating to the top flight Klimax LP12 with their best cartridge & phono stage of which I'm sure that's where Naim would consider their deck & seemed to be the case speaking to the Naim representative at the show.

Yep, there's some scuttlebutt, but nothing other than that. A P50(th) scaled down Naiad would be very interesting.

Scuttlebutt ?
Great word although I have no idea what it means
something with a butt ?
(I tried google translate)

A new nickname for someone ?

Last edited:
Scuttlebutt ?
Great word although I have no idea what it means
something with a butt ?
(I tried google translate)

A new nickname for someone ?:D
Ah, meaning lost in translation!

Scuttlebutt: “News or information that may or may not be true”.

Also: "Scuttlebutt in slang usage means rumor or gossip, deriving from the nautical term for the cask used to serve water (or, later, a water fountain)."

A guy had his Supercap'ed Superline in favor up against the Solstice phono which seem to be the bottleneck, as is the cartridge - his experience too.

Yep. I just bought the deck with it’s P/S and the arm at considerably less than £16k. There’s no way that the top UK Naim guys would have marketed the Solstice as a complete package. It was a decision made in France. C’est la vie! The turntable combo that I have now though is the best that I’ve owned.

My AR XA, £25 about 15 years ago plus approx. £25 spent to get it running, is still making music.
Oh, and run into a Naim amp.
( Had to get 'Naim' in somewhere...)

advertisement

Back