advertisement

Naim SL2 Spacer / Washer Thickness

gidders

hifi enthusiast, golfer & photographer
As the title says, does anyone know the thickness of the SL2 spacers washers (including the tiny nodules)

On mine the tiny nodules have worn away :( so I'm looking to get some aluminium sheet the right thickness to cut some new ones

Maybe I used the wrong terminology? This is what they are advertising, is that what you want?
loudspeaker-spacer-bar-pip-2-58-p.jpg

It's been ages since I set mine up, I should probably check them. Fabulous speaker though, wouldn't part with mine.

Your terminology is correct but the pips are the locating pins... And I know that's what the picture shows - but it's only for the pins - trust me - I've been in touch with them & anyway £12 each is a ridiculous price

@gary1064 Turn's out that Tom Tom do have the washers separately - £3 each so I got a complete set. The guy I spoke to suggested replacing ~ 5 years

For reference, when they arrived I measured them with a micrometer - 9 thou in the middle - 12 thou where the little nodules are. I'm sure if you could get some 12 thou aluminium sheet & a couple of die stamps you could cut your own if they ever become unavailable

Naim sent me a free set of washers about 7 years ago. The last time I took the top box off to tighten up the drivers the washers did look a bit flat compared to when they were new. So I guess I’m right in saying the washers are £3 each? £12 for each PIPs seems a bit steep but you only need to replace them if you lose one or more down in the lower box.

advertisement

Back