advertisement

Naim Servicing

CJBenno

pfm Member
Can anybody recommend a company who could service my CB Naim Nait 2 amplifier, and preferably in the North West of England.
Thanks

I have lost my original box so didn't want to post if I didn't have too. Thanks I will check them out.

LesW here of Avondale I think still services Naim gear, although they've not always seen eye to eye over the years. Chesterfield is his manor, I think.
ClassA in Sheffield also services Naim gear with a good reputation.
Or you could just go to a Naim dealer & they'll send it off for you so you don't have to worry about packaging. Obviously not the cheapest option though.

Are there any faults with the amp or are you wanting to have it serviced to keep it in spec and running well?

I would certainly recommend Mark at Witchhat as an extremely genuine and knowledgable guy, I am sure if you contact him he would advise you of the best and safest way to get the amp to him.

Class a in Sheffield did my nait 2 a couple of years ago , he did mine the Same day ,
Drove up from Nottingham , dropped it off with him , went shopping for a few hours and picked it up later that day , great service naim authorised as well so you'll add to its value should you wish to sell it on at a later date ,

Only have experience of Class-A, prompt, communicative, and great sound. And all Naim spec, if thats you're bag (it was mine)

Thanks for all of the advice.
Getting it serviced as I have had it from new and it has never been serviced, although it has had quite an easy life.
Might look into seeing if I can take it to Sheffield and get it serviced on the same day.

Another vote for Darran at Class A. He even waited til after shop hours for us, as the A1 was a total mare. He took the 180 and HiCap off us at about 6.30pm (Felt very dodgy swapping boxes from one car's boot straight into the boot of another, in the dark) and called to say all was done at something like 10am the next day.
I won't hesitate to use Darran again, and feel that the journey from Cambridge was well worth it. The saving over a factory service paid for an indulgent night in a hotel.

I will have to ring Darren at Class A and see about taking it over to Sheffield one day, thanks for the recommendations

Darren again, not only got Naim's service man to have a listen but then told me nothing needed doing and charged nothing for his time. Recommended without hesitation.

advertisement

Back