Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Naim SBLs in walnut

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Mickey Dale, Jan 14, 2021.

1. say it as it is

say it as it is pfm Member

Gorgeous speakers indeed put my humble black mk1s to shame!
    Great to see a pair so well looked after.

2. puddlesplasher

puddlesplasher pfm Member

3. Manket

Manket New member NainMan

Might as well ask - PM sent. Thanks.

4. say it as it is

say it as it is pfm Member

same no harm in askinh i guess

5. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Looks like Mickey Dale is the only person not interested in these speakers

6. DCA

DCA pfm Member

Hi all
    Sorry to have been off the radar, been distracted with family duties etc.

I’ve had a few messages about pricing on these thanks. There are wild fluctuations on prices for SBLs at the moment, ranging from a few hundred £s to £1k. Given how lovely these are I’d estimate that they’d be at the upper end of that scale.
    As Mickey started this thread I’d like to give him the opportunity first (I’ve sent him a message) before opening it up. Is that OK with everyone?
    Cheers
    David

7. Mickey Dale

Mickey Dale pfm Member

I am very interested! been holed up all week in a dark cellar / studio, only now catching up with emails!

8. Dinovector

Dinovector pfm Member

The decent thing to do

9. Nye Samuel

Nye Samuel Cymru am byth

This like the old Gold Blend coffee advert...waiting for the next installment. :)

10. Mickey Dale

Mickey Dale pfm Member

Indeed! I sent some private messages and sat tight. And then another pair became available and I took the plunge, so I'm now sorted.

11. Manket

Yes indeed - the walnut grain seems be popping up more now. There is a pair on ebay at the moment.

12. Manket

I have made enquiries. Can someone tell me the practical rules about collection during a lockdown as most sellers say observe government guidelines...Do you collect with a 2 meters distance? Inside or outside their property?

13. Mickey Dale

Mickey Dale pfm Member

It's the travelling out of your locality which is the issue. The pair I bought are in Watford (166 miles away). Fortunately the pair are boxed and I arranged courier. I would have preferred to drive and collect them but I can do without a fine.

14. onlyconnect

onlyconnect pfm Member

Buying SBLs boxed is highly recommended. Otherwise they will likely have a history of being transported assembled which can cause damage (and was deeply frowned upon by Naim).

Tim

15. DCA

DCA pfm Member

Hi all
    SBLs have now found a new home and I’m sure they’ll be very well looked after.
    Thanks to all who contacted me.
    Take care all.
    Best
    David

16. Manket

Hi David

True gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.

I can feel that your SBL were a lifetime loved possession and they were hard to let go!
    I tried "not so hard" to talk you out of the sale. I can’t wait to take delivery…

Special thanks to Mickey Dale - Honestly, I wasn't looking until you started this thread about walnut SBL which really captured my interest and heart.

All the best,
    Man

17. Manket

Hi David and all,

Due to various covid lockdown issues on my part, I finally managed to collect these well cherish, preserved, excellent, and gorgeous walnut SBL from David a few weeks ago.

Meeting David was an absolute pleasure and enjoyment. This was the first time I have ever meet a PF member in person. Under the current circumstances, I only wish we could have spent more time talking about HiFi and music.

At home, opening the SBL in their 1990’s “99.99%” intact original packaging was a sight to behold and an absolutely fantastic experience. I felt like a kid again opening the most anticipated birthday present ever!

Once again, David, thank you for your patience in waiting nearly 3 months for me to collect. It was well worth picking up these beauties. Wow, the music playing synergy with an all Naim setup is magical.

Another successful HiFi purchase from an established PF member – in PFM I Trust (PFMIT)!

Kind regards,
    Man

p.s. After listening to SBL last week, I have put my cherished EPOS ES14 on the side. I don't know whether I would be playing these again after 25 years of enjoyment! :confused: