advertisement

Naim Power Switch

For a small fee...:D

Tony, you were offering a replacement switch ‘for a small fee’. Do you still have one I could buy rather than going on the open market please?
I have the same problem on a NAP180 and although I dismantled and reassembled the switch so that it would work when horizontal it wont do so reliably when in the correct orientation.
James

My 135 clones burnt out 16a rocker switches, when I took them apart the contacts had vaporised just leaving a ring of metal.
I replace them and leave them on all the time.

Pete

Rocker switches are notoriously slow to make and break, leading to arcing - O.K. on a resistive load but poor on a big inductve load - as you have found. Strangely ordinary 13A switched sockets often seem to last well - a test bench I used for nearly three years gave no trouble using the same socket switch dozens of times every day to switch a couple of 500 watt power supplies - knocked out three PSUs though.

Tony, you were offering a replacement switch ‘for a small fee’. Do you still have one I could buy rather than going on the open market please?
I have the same problem on a NAP180 and although I dismantled and reassembled the switch so that it would work when horizontal it wont do so reliably when in the correct orientation.
James
Hi James, I was actually offering one of my 500 amps "For a small fee", in a jokey sort of way! Sorry, but I'll hang onto the switches I bought (see link on page one) just in case.

Wrong part - has no M3 holes for mounting to the chassis bracket, unfortunately!
Hello all,
Sorry no wrong part..its the correct switch
just get the old binding and mount it on the new one...it's not difficult

Regards

advertisement

Back