advertisement

Naim past their sell-by date

I like Naim equipment a lot and have a predominantly olive system (82/HC2/180/CD3.5), bought entirely second hand because I couldn't afford it new. I wonder about the importance of "British manufacturing" though. Surely the value of Naim lies in the design rather than where the equipment is made. While I would not want anyone at Naim to lose their jobs, would it not be better for the company and for the customers if they made their equipment elsewhere, for example in China or India where it could be made more cheaply? They might then be able to price more competitively and sell more equipment.

Having lit the blue touchpaper, I will now retreat to a safe distance.

Damian

Audiolab ;)

Chaps

Yes they probably do make a fair amount of money and good luck to them.

There are two advantages, you get the best possible service from someone like Sheila rather than some half educated bodger and also the money helps develop the forthcoming models that are always world class.

Stick with Naim or their appointed outlets and avoid the others like the plague.

It's your kit and your choice but seeing as a service will keep the stuff at optimum performance for 10 years, why risk going cheapskate.

Regards

Mick

Chaps

Yes they probably do make a fair amount of money and good luck to them.

There are two advantages, you get the best possible service from someone like Sheila rather than some half educated bodger and also the money helps develop the forthcoming models that are always world class.

Regards

Mick

Naim certainly give good service and the r&d costs are apparently aimed at being paid for in the first years production (after that it's pure profit) I understand and, while they have a healthy customer base to support them, why not?

I just resent the huge price increases (along with Linn) back in the eighties (to protect their export markets I understand) which they've maintained in line with inflation ever since, pricing their gear way outside of most people nowadays.

I'd also suggest that at least one or two of the tweakers regularly mentioned on this site actually deeply understand the circuits used and endeavour to offer genuine upgrades or alternatives to the "official" view.

Brobaz is now banned for sending me this:

Brobaz said:
why have you locked my thread... this is a free speach web site and people have the right to voice there opinion`s .. but i supose your a goody goody huh.. ye right your just a tosser who likes pushing buttons on your computer

I really don't have to put up with that kind of bullshit on my own site.

I applaud your actions. Rarely have I seen such appalling grammar, punctuation and spelling :rolleyes:

advertisement

Back