1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Naim olive Amps

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by johnacurtis, Jan 25, 2020.

1. johnacurtis

johnacurtis pfm Member

Thinking of trying Naim pre and power amps to see if they will make my Shahinian Compasses really "sing"!
    Has anyone got any they are thinking of selling? I am quite fussy about the condition of the kit I have, so after nice examples! Thinking really about 82/180, but happy to consider other options!

2. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

Hi John,

I can’t help but do consider Avondale amps. I have the lesser specced version of this amp and mine was superb with Compasses (replaced my olive 250) it even did a great job with Obelisks:

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/avondale-zap-250.236494/

I also had a 82 which I’d bought to replace a 72 that I’d owned since new. I then upgraded boards in the 72 and preferred it to the 82.

3. legroschien

legroschien pfm Member

Hi John,

I've accumulated too much Naim kit over the years and have to face the fact that my second system is never going to materialise :(

With regret I'm selling; Nac 72, Nap 180 x 2, Nap140, CDS2, ND5XS and a Snaxo. All in decent and original condition. Let me know if any of them are of interest, happy to send you info and photos.

Good luck with your search.