advertisement

Naim needed! Seeking HiCap, NAXO/IXO, NAP 180

Banterama

Hi all, I’m currently looking to add The following to my system:

HiCap (olive)

NAXO 2-4 (olive)

NAP 180

An IXO crossover would be of interest too

And to keep things fun and challenging, running on US Voltage if poss!

Many thanks in advance for any responses, messages or leads!

Craig

A NAP 180 might be difficult to find here in North America.........
A 250 would be easier and randomly, you may find a 160 but again, rather rare..........
Two NAP 110 that you would modify to become mono would be awesome and easy to find as well.

A NAP 180 might be difficult to find here in North America.........
A 250 would be easier and randomly, you may find a 160 but again, rather rare..........
Two NAP 110 that you would modify to become mono would be awesome and easy to find as well.
Thanks Gervais, you’re absolutely right - still looking over here! And good advice. I actually have one already, so am looking to complete a pair!

Thanks Gervais, you’re absolutely right - still looking over here! And good advice. I actually have one already, so am looking to complete a pair!

As @PerF noted above, buying from the UK/Europe then having the units serviced and voltage-converted at Class A or Witch Hat would be a great move. I did this with my 282/250.2 and it worked out really well. Servicing fees in the States are extortionate.

As @PerF noted above, buying from the UK/Europe then having the units serviced and voltage-converted at Class A or Witch Hat would be a great move. I did this with my 282/250.2 and it worked out really well. Servicing fees in the States are extortionate.
Great suggestion - thanks Joe, checking out both places now

Do you know if the two mentioned repair shops can also convert a NAP 110 into a mono amplifier ? I’m very tempted..............

Do you know if the two mentioned repair shops can also convert a NAP 110 into a mono amplifier ? I’m very tempted..............

I don't, though I suspect that Witch Hat might be able to take on this kind of specialty work. @MJS may be able to shed some light.

Great suggestion - thanks Joe, checking out both places now

My pleasure -- good luck in your search, and in New Jersey! (I'm in NYC.)

It occurs to me to add that if you feel like an 82 or 282 might be in your future, Witch Hat can modify them so they can be powered by a Supercap (along with doing the recap/voltage change). If this service had been around when I had my 282 fettled, I would have done it!

advertisement

Back