Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Naim NDS, two PS555 DRs (NAPS 555-DRs), Chord Sarum T interconnect and a Witch Hat HatPin18 Burndy

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by anotherdom, Aug 10, 2019.

1. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Due to a successful experiment with a (rather expensive) USB DAC on my Melco I’m selling a Naim NDS, two 555PS DRs and a Chord Sarum T interconnect. I’ll be losing some convenience, but a reduction in box-count is domestically preferable! I’ve also got a Witch Hat HatPin18 available.

Please feel free to message me direct with an email address for high resolution images, have a look at them on eBay, or I’ll add the photos to this thread over the next day or so.

The NDS is a 362**** serial, so dates from late-2013. It has the twin-Burndy pack and is running the latest firmware. It is boxed with remote, all accessories etc. There is a slight knick in the top edge of the fascia directly above the display. This will be a challenge to photograph, but it’s there and I like an honest description. Prices on these look to be recovering from the initial ‘glut’ post-release of the ND555, but remain great value. I reckon £3200 compares very favourably to an £8100 list only a couple of years ago!

The first 555PS DR is a 392*** June 2015 build, in the current ‘Classic’ finish. Boxed and complete with sealed instruction manual, warranty card and the UK Power-Line. I’ve just packed this one up, and can’t find a mark on it. They are £6599 on the 2019 price list. £4500 looks a decent saving? This one is sold elsewhere, pending payment. My other 555PS DR remains available.

The second of the 555PS DRs is a 279*** 2009 build in the ‘500 series’ brushed anodised finish. This was serviced and DR upgraded by the factory in June 2018. I don’t believe the 500 series finish is available any longer - it was an additional cost option, matching perfectly with the CD555 (and presumably the ND555). The only mark I can find is a tiny ‘pinprick’ imperfection in the top surface - I’ve photographed it, but doubt you’d even notice without it being pointed out. I’ll include a boxed Power-Line; I don’t think it had one originally, but I’m nice like that. £4300 on this one please - obviously an earlier example, but with the recent service and DR effectively a 2018 unit.

The final element of this exceptionally-capable source is a Chord Sarum T Super ARAY 5DIN - 5DIN interconnect. Fully packaged (little Velcro strips, plastic bag, cloth bag, inner box, sleeve, outer box...) and like new. Been installed once, and now removed. One metre of cable, £2100 list. Ridiculous I know - but it’s glorious! How about £1500 on this please?

Finally, I have an excellent quality and highly versatile Witch Hat Audio HatPin18 Burndy. This has been used really effectively with both a 52PS and 252PS, as well as with a Supercap. These are £257 from Witch Hat, and have an excellent reputation. Mine is great value at £150, boxed as new.

As ever, I’m happy to demonstrate if collected in Suffolk, to post at my cost or to discuss travelling for delivery/a meet. I work in London currently if that helps.

Discounts are of course available on multiple items, and a contribution from any sale on here will again be donated to help maintain this excellent site.

Thank you,

Dom.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Tony Lockhart likes this.
  2. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Sorry, I can no longer edit the original post.

It turns out the 500 series finish is still available on the 555PS - as a £400 option, making the new cost £6999! Mine was serviced and upgraded in 2018, and is available for £4300.

3. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

500 series 555PS DR sold to a ‘fishie’ this morning, and already on route to its new home. Enjoy!

The NDS, Sarum T interconnect and Witch Hat Burndy remain available.

4. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

So both 555ps now sold and paid for?

5. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

The Classic finish one sold elsewhere, but is still pending payment - expected tomorrow. I’ll update if that doesn’t happen!

Edited to add payment received, and Classic finish 555PS DR dispatched. The 500 series 555PS DR had already been delivered to its new owner.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  6. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Witch Hat HatPin18 Burndy sold elsewhere, subject to payment.

Still opportunity for a ‘fishie’ to secure an excellent twin-Burndy NDS and/or Chord Sarum T DIN-DIN interconnect. Offers invited.

Dom.

7. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Sarum T interconnect sold elsewhere, subject to payment.

Offers invited on the NDS. These are great value now - the release of the ND555 doesn’t make the NDS any less capable or versatile a source.

Happy (nearly) weekend all!

Dom.

8. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Good morning all. This NDS remains available - please message with an email address for high-resolution photos.

Thank you,

Dom.

9. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

NDS with twin Burndys now only £3000. Email me for photos or check them out on that auction site - though I’d prefer a sale on here.

Thank you,

Dom.

10. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

NDS now sold elsewhere. I’ll make a donation later for one of the 555s at least Tony.