Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Naim NAXO bolt down trim pots

Discussion in 'classic' started by cctaylor, Apr 2, 2021.

1. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

A thread like this shows that there is so much more to Pink Fish than cable threads!

Mynamemynaim and peterm like this.
  2. hp1

hp1 pfm Member

Naim dont like to use track jumpers so that said, in the pic the front filter boards connect to the lower relay board ,the central filters to the central relay pcb and the rear filters to the upper relay pcb. Then if You follow the wires from the sockets to the relay boards that should tell you whats what.
    Rule of thumb is the smaller the filter cap values the higher the frequency. Having and using at the moment 6 naim active systems(as you do) I would say from the front 2x band pass sections with the pot feeding the low pass first then the high pass in series, then both bass low pass and after that both treble high pass nearest the rear of the case to keep the tracks short. Also remember that the old brik with 250s active set up would shut down the 250s due to the cases overheating ,to help this each 250 is fed with mid on one channel and bass on the other

3. hp1

hp1 pfm Member

Just found some pics on pickclick confirming the above. so its blue/ purple wires for mids, yellow/brown for bass and or/ orange black for treble.