Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Naim NAP200 to 300

Discussion in 'audio' started by agentsmith, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Peter Stockwell

Peter Stockwell deep fried and gone

ditto for France

2. agentsmith

agentsmith pfm Member

I think the 300 at used price is not a bad deal. After years of using Naim, one thing I find is that it is built rock solid and never failed on me.

3. CW Junaindi

CW Junaindi New Member

Anyone experiences with Avondale Voyager with NAC252 ? How does it compare to NAP 300.

4. positive_energy

positive_energy pfm Member

Ditto for spain.

5. TLS

TLS pfm Member

What that brief audition have showned is that no matter how much you spend on the source and amplification, you will not hear details you never heard if you keep the Harbeths.

6. subsearov

subsearov pfm Member

Hi,

Having carefully trodden the Naim upgrade path, I have to agree with a couple of the previous posts, in so far as, even if a purchase seems to be creating something of a "mullet" system, if the price is right, then go for it.

The Nap 300 is a stunning amp, and, at the saving you mentioned, it's a no brainer really.:D

Regards,

Dave.

7. jackal2513

jackal2513 pfm Member

Ask yourself where it's going to end up though ?

Server + nDAC + 555PS + 552 + 552PS + SUPERCAP + NAP500 + NAP500PS

Thats 8 boxes and at least 40 grands worth.. add another £9000+ if you're going to put it all on Fraim with powerlines and hilines.

I would be looking at all the big players like Avondale, Dynavector and rega before commiting.

8. Darth Vader

Darth Vader From the Dark Side

I would replace the word 'big' with 'quality' as these are not large outfits. Even Naim is quite small player relatively in the world markets.

Cheers,

DV

9. jackal2513

jackal2513 pfm Member

yep sorry, i meant big as in big and serious on sound quality

10. Darth Vader

Darth Vader From the Dark Side

The OP should take this opportunity to reassess what he already has and what extra he intends to spend. Say all that tots up to £11K.

Now one can put together a really good computer music system for that amount of money. Here is what I did Lappytop>Weiss DAC202>Meridian 559>Obelisk 2. Now that may not be everyones cup of tea but you'll get a dynamic system with change to spare from £11K.

There are several PFMers who have this is something similar in their HiFi sytem who would welcome a visit.

Cheers,

DV

11. jackal2513

jackal2513 pfm Member

hope to demo the 202 very soon myself

exciting times

12. jackal2513

jackal2513 pfm Member

RULE #1 OF ALL HIFI: Start every system with Obelisk 2 and then work backwards ;)

13. Jack Barriere

Jack Barriere Me, you and them

300 OUCH land. If you love the 200 you will die and go the heaven with the 300. More revealing up the chain but great fun nevertheless.