advertisement

Naim Nait 50

The "instant on" is for Slade, Wizzard, Suzi Quatro, David Essex, David Cassidy, Gary Glitter, and David Bowie and PR&T. I think I want one now.

It has a ‘chrome bumper’ on the back, which is just sick and wrong.

PS What is ‘instant on’?

Noticed that, too. o_O :confused:

Still, at least they got the speaker outputs round the right way (unlike some modern Naim amps, it seems!). :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd go for a real Nait, rather than a £2699 tribute act, but each to their own...

Crazy money. Exposure 3510 is 110 watts per channel, has MC or MM phono, tape output, pre-amp out, headphone jack, six line inputs, remote and DAC option for the same price.

Never mind the mad price, or the white LED, the real outrage is that even Naim now refers to the Nait as the 'Nait 1' - Is nothing sacred? :eek: :rolleyes:

Funny all this enthusiasm, Nait on eBay didn’t sell an hour ago on eBay @ £550. Looked in decent condition too, boxed with instructions.

I have no doubt all 1,973 of these will sell and sell very quickly.

It’s an intelligent nod to their history and puts current Naim closer to JVs Naim in buyer’s minds (obviously the ones who this means something to). It’s the one product that even Naim hater’s seem to like.

I’d be surprised if it goes beyond the initial supply but if it sounds as good as the similarly priced Nait XS I would expect the innards to find their way into next generation modern looking Naits that will be shoebox size.

It will sell the same way a Brian Robson replica jersey would sell to a Man United fan of a particular age now they have the money.
Naim “fans” will eat this up.

.sjb

Bizarre discussion. Comparing specs with the Rega tells you nothing about how it sounds or, more importantly, whether or not you will actually like it. If you like it then it’s hardly uber-fi unaffordable. If you don’t then you’ll think it’s poor value. For all the comments thus far it does appear no-one has heard it so assessments as to its actual value to a potential purchase are based on little other than which side of the fence you sit on with regards to Naim to begin with. The polite word for that is bias.

I also adore how people read no more than the past post or the current page of a thread and make arses of themselves by making assertions refuted by the information provided by Naim, the Naim forum; posts already in this thread or actual pictures but then expect us to take them and their views deadly seriously when they can’t actually be bothered to do even a seconds worth of research. So, yes, wholly made in Salisbury and, yes, will sell out easily as only 1,973 are being made. No, the “lack of inputs” is not an issue for the overwhelming majority of users looking for a device like this which might serve as a desktop headphone amp or the centre of a decent simple system.

Funniest assertion so far has to be that they’ll have resurrected the original template for the case. About five minutes reading; looking at pictures and, er, “thinking” will give the lie to that.

I’m in the market for replacing my four boxes of Naim amplification with an integrated with better sound quality. If this did that then price wise it’s an absolute bargain and if I sell my Naim second hand I expect it would cost me overall less than the Rega. If it’s around Supernait level then I’m not interested. If it can exceed that then why would I not be. I’m not looking to stay with Naim as I want a sound they no longer deliver but if, as a one off, they did then why not.

Yes it’s an exercise in nostalgia. Yes there’s a cynical element to it but if it works for you is there some other reason you would turn your nose up at it other than stupidity, ignorance and prejudice.

Is this tongue in cheek or do you actually hold even the slightest hope that this could be above supernait level?

.sjb
I wrote up-thread that it would be interesting to see where this sits in relation to other products in the range. The minute I posted that I realised the answer to that question can easily be answered by looking at a price list.

Is this tongue in cheek or do you actually hold even the slightest hope that this could be above supernait level?

.sjb

At this point the reality is that none of us know. Lots of people apparently think they do. I would imagine not but each new iteration of products brings surprising improvements so assuming it’s all about price is a tad simplistic. It may not be far off but as yet no-one knows. 25W into 8ohms caught my eye as I’ve efficient speakers but, as above, a product ultimately has VFM if it’s what you’re looking for and you love the sound. Perfection is not the aim. The aim is surely to find the thing appropriate to you.

It may not be far off but as yet no-one knows

I appreciate the logic of your full post but it would be so stupid commercially for naim to produce a product £1.5k cheaper than a current product that sounded better. It would be actually piss off so many people if this new product that was better than one costing £1.5k more was a limited edition.
It ain’t happening.

.sjb

advertisement

Back