advertisement

[FS] Naim NAC282 / NAP250DR

So I've been listening to my SN2 (see my other classifieds listing) again recently and I'm still torn between it and this 282/250DR combo. Yes of course this 282/250DR is better in absolute terms but keeping the SN2 would free up money to spend upstream etc :rolleyes:
I'm so indecisive that I thought maybe the market could decide for me, so whichever sells first I'll keep the other!

NAC282 - excellent condition (as is the NAPSC psu) with just a couple of very small imperfections on the top edge, they are hard to see and harder still to photograph. 2002 unit but fully serviced by Naim in January 2020, so good for at least another decade, if not more! Boxed, remote and manual.
£1,695 delivered

NAP250DR - this really is immaculate! It's a very late 2015 unit so DR from birth. It was Naim serviced in December 2022, so as with the pre-amp, good for a decade at least. Boxed, manual, din-xlr cable (not pictured but original Naim cable) and power cable.
£1,995 delivered

Or £3,600 delivered for the pair

I just bought a 250DR but I am still looking for a 282 or 52...

Newbie to Naim question: does the preamp come with all the cabling required to work with the amp?

Hi @slim -- short answer, no. You'll need a Hicap to power the 282 when using a 250. The Hicap should come with a SNAIC5 power/signal cable. Then you plug the cable supplied with the 250 into the Hicap.

What @joe9407 said. The Naim pre-amps need a separate power supply such as a HiCap. The 282 actually needs a second one as well (called a NAPSC) which runs all the 'non-audio' circuits (lights, volume control etc), but that is included with the 282.

Worth noting that you don't have to use a Naim HiCap (DR or non), as there are some excellent Third Party equivalents available (such as Teddy Pardo TeddyCap) to power the 282 with a 250DR. I actually prefer the TeddyCap to the Naim HiCap and if you get a TeddyCapPlus it also takes the place of the NAPSC as well.

There's a 282 on eBay for the same money at the moment, but no mention of having had a service. Otherwise looks pretty much the same as mine so I think I've got the price about right, but let me know if you disagree.

What @joe9407 said. The Naim pre-amps need a separate power supply such as a HiCap. The 282 actually needs a second one as well (called a NAPSC) which runs all the 'non-audio' circuits (lights, volume control etc), but that is included with the 282.

Worth noting that you don't have to use a Naim HiCap (DR or non), as there are some excellent Third Party equivalents available (such as Teddy Pardo TeddyCap) to power the 282 with a 250DR. I actually prefer the TeddyCap to the Naim HiCap and if you get a TeddyCapPlus it also takes the place of the NAPSC as well.
So in that case I will need an extra power supply (e.g. a hicap) to make the 282+250 combo work. And required cabling should come with the PS... Would the 282 work with an olive supercap?
Thanks

Hi @slim -- short answer, no. You'll need a Hicap to power the 282 when using a 250. The Hicap should come with a SNAIC5 power/signal cable. Then you plug the cable supplied with the 250 into the Hicap.
Thanks! So the hicap is plugged to the 250 which I assume will in turn power the 282?

The Green cable comes hard-wired to the NAPSC (included with 282), the Green/Black cable is a 5pin SNAIC and comes with the HiCap. The Black cable is a 4pin DIN to XLR which comes with the 250DR.
There is no separate power cable to the 282, but the NAPSC, HiCap and 250DR all need their own power connection (but those cables come supplied in the box)

advertisement

Back