Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Naim nac a5.....or not

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by ujm2, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

He / she has relisted it.........

2. peterm

peterm pfm Member

Probably just an automatic eBay relisting since it failed to sell first time.

3. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

I read once that Linn K20 was identical to NACA4 out of the same factory.

4. peterm

peterm pfm Member

Yes, just a different colour!

When Naim realised that Linn were selling it (it had the Linn i.d. moulded into the insulation web instead of Naim NAC A4) they stopped buying it and allegedly sued the manufacturer (BICC?) for supplying Naim's design(!) of cable to someone else.

Julian claimed that the manufacturer settled out of court for a sum that allowed Naim to design a new cable which they had made by another supplier.
    Makes you wonder how they came up with such different cables if they really designed them both?

Julian was great at telling stories!

5. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

I have both and the Linn is much more flexible than the Naim but for the rest, they are very similar.

6. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

More flexible than NACA4 OR NACA5? I had K20 and NACA4 in the past and they felt the same. NACA5 on the other hand is a beast to work with.

7. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

More flexible than the NACA5 as the previous NACA4 was almost as flexible as the Linn K20.
    Sound wise, these 3 cables are the same IMO but the Linn is a much better deal and easiest to work with.
    It also helps me refrain from buying silly speaker cables costing the price of a motorcycle ! :eek:

8. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Ok, because @Colonel_Mad was talking about NACA4 and K20. You said you had both, and that the Linn was more flexible, but you're talking about NACA5 it sounds like...

9. peterm

peterm pfm Member

He's had a bid!

But his reserve is not met!!

Is the bidder mad?
    Or has he been looking on here and thinks he could yet get it for free??

10. James46

James46 The Crystal Method

Not bad for cheap garden lighting cable with a Naim/Linn sheath. That was the story I was told. Linn and Nac4 definitely the same.

11. peterm

peterm pfm Member

They got a bid of £99 and turned it down as "reserve not met"!

Re-listed as before!

12. peterm

peterm pfm Member

Now removed as "no longer available".

We'll never know!

13. suzywong

suzywong Wot, no electrons?

Also used by the military (source: ex-squaddie on the Naim forum) and "travelling showgrounds" (source (BICC cable catalogue from 1960s or thereabouts).

14. say it as it is

say it as it is pfm Member

yes i can confirm its a Defstan item used to have loads of it kicking about