Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Naim nac a5.....or not

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by ujm2, Nov 18, 2020.

1. ujm2

ujm2 pfm Member

2. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

Looks like Linn K20

3. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

Yes it’s Linn K20, you can see the letters LIN beside the thumb in the second picture.

4. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

Well spotted!

So that’s £80 for the cable, £20 for the Naim plugs and £10 for the bananas.

Leaves a lot for soldering the plugs

5. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

I'm confused
    It looks like it has Linn stamped on it
    It has a Signals receipt saying A5

What's going on ??

Have sent him a message
    Will see what comes back

6. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

Should tell him he was mis sold the cables, at least if that is K20 and not A5 he has been.

7. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

I bet he upgraded to NACA5 and wants to offload the K20. Signals wouldn't make that kind of mistake

Mynamemynaim likes this.
  8. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

If it was an 8.5 metre pair of NACA5 that would be £35 per metre, so just one length of it would be £297.5 and a pair would be £595.00, that is excluding plugs as well.

PS NACA5 only comes in Black and White.

Garrard 401 likes this.
  9. Mynamemynaim

That's basically what I told him

He said "I'll check and get back to you"

Signals would NOT make that mistake ...and my guess is he bought NacA5 from them and is off loading the Linn cable as you say

10. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

So what did he buy at Signals because the invoice shows NACA5 but the price is way off.

You think he has altered the invoice?

11. peterm

peterm pfm Member

The unit price (per metre) plus VAT comes to £34/m, isn't that about right?

Perhaps he just bought 8.5 metres of cable and cut it in half, then the price would be (about) right, and soldere his own plugs on.

Doesn't alter the fact that it's Linn K20 though!

12. ujm2

ujm2 pfm Member

Yeah lots of head scratching on this one and the narrow naim plugs haven't been highlighted either

13. Mynamemynaim

He's not replied again to me
    Said he would check and get back ..

14. peterm

peterm pfm Member

Seller's feedback is almost entirely for women's clothing!

I think the seller picked up this Linn cable along with an unrelated receipt and thought they could make a bit of money without knowing anything about it.

I doubt if they'll get any bids but if they do (from someone else who knows f**k all about the cables) it raises an interesting question regarding fraud/misrepresentation/whatever and I wonder what eBay's response to a complaint would be?

Gervais Cote likes this.
  15. Mynamemynaim

They will return the buyers money immediately

As they always do in these cases ...you complain as a buyer..they uphold it wheather it's valid ( as in this case) or not valid

16. peterm

peterm pfm Member

I keep thinking someone should warn him about his "mistake" but I guess he's had enough of a hint to spend a few minutes on the internet to check what A5 is really like.

This thread has had enough views that there seem to be 2 views per hour of his listing on eBay so he probably expects a flood of last minute bids to come in!

17. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

My guess is that he’s had a quick look and seen the Naim logo on the plugs so assumed it was a Naim lead, missing the Linn logo Between the wires. I doubt there’s any deliberate deception here but it’s the Wild West that is eBay!

18. peterm

peterm pfm Member

What about the "Signals" invoice that's being shown as "provenance"?
    It looks like there's deception involved on someone's part!

19. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

Maybe "Signals" should be contacted and shown the eBay sale and see what they say, would be interested in their take on this.

20. Mynamemynaim

Well I asked him days ago to check and confirm... which he promised to do

Then nothing...so he's not that bothered about possible misselling of them