Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Naim Nac 82 for sale, Pots 8 and vgc

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Secrethills, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Secrethills

Secrethills pfm Member

My Olive Naim Nac 82 is for sale as I am upgrading to a Nac 252. The unit is in excellent condition both electronically and cosmetically. All lights work although the tape switch is a little dimmer than the rest. The serial number is 1615xx which makes it a 2000 year model. The previous owner, a long-standing member of this forum, assured me that it is a Pots 8 model and has had a recent service although I cannot confirm as I have not looked inside the case.

Complete with NAPSC and original remote control. It can be powered from a Nap 180, 1x Hi Cap, 2x Hi Caps or a Supercap. I bought this to try with my Hicap DR and Nap 250DR to check if this sounded better than my Supernait 2/250DR. It sounds much better with improved bass and instrument separation so I am selling the Nac 82 and my Supernait2 and intend to buy a Nac 252 and Supercap to pair with my 250DR.

I am asking £750 and collection is preferred from my home near Kidderminster to prevent damage in transit and to allow the buyer to inspect and listen to the Nac 82. I prefer payment by bank transfer but will also accept cash. I do not have the original box and am unwilling to post but I may be able to deliver or meet within the West Midlands

2. GS Red

GS Red New Member

Hi,
    I am interested in the 82. Can you advise how we can have a private conversation. I'm quite new to this forum.

Regards

Mike

3. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

Tap the members green name in the heading above his post
    Another box will open which says start a conversation amongst other things....tap that and your away!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. Secrethills

Secrethills pfm Member

Hi Mike

I send you an invitation to join a conversation a few hours ago - did you receive it? If not log in to your account and check for my message.

Bob

5. Secrethills

Secrethills pfm Member

Still available

6. Secrethills

Secrethills pfm Member

A hot bank holiday bump

7. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Hi Bob
    Can you confirm when service was done and by who ?

Thanks

EDIT: now realise your unwilling to ship, sorry.

8. Secrethills

Secrethills pfm Member

While I prefer a buyer to collect I’m also happy to post to U.K. at buyers cost if it helps

9. divedeepdog

divedeepdog pfm Member

Did you find who’d done the service ?

10. Secrethills

Secrethills pfm Member

The seller said he didn’t know but assured me it sounded fine. It certainly sounds good with my Hicap and Nap 250dr. I recently tried downsizing to a Naim Supernait 2 and even tried adding the Hicap and 250dr to the SN2. However, the 82/Hicap/250dr is still much better so this makes me think the 82 is superior to the preamp in the SN2. When the time come a service by Class A, who are Naim approved, would cost £250. I am very happy to demonstrate to potential buyers

11. Secrethills

Secrethills pfm Member

Just home from holiday so back to selling this fine unit. Sounds really good with Hicap DR and 250DR but am moving to 252 partly for visual compatibility. £750 plus UK postage if required.

12. Tim Jones

Tim Jones pfm Member

This strikes me as a very good deal. It had been 20 years since I'd owned an 82, and the Pots 8 one I bought here (for more than this asking price, and used with HiCap DR and a 250DR) is excellent.

13. Secrethills

Secrethills pfm Member

Tim - thanks for your comments and yes I am impressed with the 82 when coupled with a Hicap DR and 250 DR and to my ears significantly better than a fairly new Supernait 2 which, for experimental purposes, was also connected to a Hicap DR and 250 DR

14. Secrethills

Secrethills pfm Member

Sold and thanks to David for a smooth and pleasant transaction