advertisement

[FS] Naim NAC 42.5/NAP110

andrewd

pfm Member
I offer for sale the classic Naim amplifier combination of NAC 42.5 pre-amp with the NAP110 power amplifier.

I have been curious to try this classic combination for a while, and having tried it I can understand why it has a such a following. However since I am fortunate enough to have two other very nice systems I have decided it is time to offer this sweet combination for someone else to enjoy.

Since this pair is a perfect cosmetic match I would like to give first preference to a buyer that will take both units, but please get in touch regardless if you only want one or the other.

Some more details as follows:
The 42.5 is an early model that was converted from a 42 at the Naim factory (complete board swap). It has a red Led light that matches the 110. I bought the pre from Class A audio in April 2022 where it was recapped and serviced before sale. K series MC phono boards are also included (these were also serviced by Class A). The amp is in very nice cosmetic condition.

The NAP 110 is a nice clean example and also has a red led to match the 42.5. There is no known service history, but internal inspection shows that the capacitors have been replaced.

I have only recently put the amps into service due to not having the space in my previous home. I have used with a Chord Mojo2 as a source. I will include two DIN cables from Design a cable with the preamp so a new owner can get the system up and running as fast as possible.

I do not have original boxes but have suitably large packing boxes to ensure safe delivery via RMSD.

Prices as follows:

NAC 42.5 £320 including:
- Design a Cable DIN to 3.5mm jack for Chord Mojo
- Design a Cable DIN to two pairs RCA (for connecting a tape deck)
- Blanking plug for Hicap socket
- RMSD insured delivery in UK
- £10 PFM donation

NAP 110 £410 including
-UK power cord (pretty sure it is the one originally supplied by Naim, white plug)
- Snaic cable to connect to NAC 42.5
- Two new Naim speaker plugs
- RMSD insured delivery in UK
- £10 donation to PFM

I also have 2 x 3.7m NACA5 black speaker cable, terminated with Naim plugs on one end and Deltrons on the other end. According to the signal flow arrows the Naim plugs are at the speaker end but I have been using with these at the amp end and they sound great.
£110 including RMSD delivery. First preference given to buyer of the amps.

Collection and audition from Aberdeen also possible.

advertisement

Back