advertisement

Naim NAC 272 vs NAC 282 : Thoughts On Which Is a Higher Quality Unit

As a note, I still have my NAC 202 and NAP 200 with me. I had always wanted to have a small and nice little integrated amp, a non-Naim gear. Something that doesn't break the bank. Nevertheless, every time I think about getting into a cheap and cheerful integrated such as one from the likes of Densen, Exposure or Roksan etc. just for the sake of getting into something "different", I loathe the idea of messing things up (with a downgrade in sound quality).

I'm wondering, why do so many threads always come to speaker bashing? Focal didn't get as big as they are by having horrible speakers, that everyone hates. I'm a big Naim fan, & have heard a good number of different combo's & the only ones that never did much for me were ones with Naims own Ovator speakers. Does that mean their terrible? No, plenty people love them, but their just not my thing.

I just picked up a pair of the Focal Aria 906 for the "budget" setup & I think their quite a revealing speaker for the price & am looking forward to experimenting with amps.

As far as people bashing Naim because of the upgradeitus, not sure I really get this either. You can look at most other hifi brands that have a large range of products & prices & from what I see, many owners of these brands tend to do the same thing as well. I know many that have been into other brands that are always upgrading, while others have bought one Naim piece & never upgraded. I myself got to the 282/HiCAP DR/250DR level & now feel no need to upgrade further.

Can't all us audiophiles just get along :D

advertisement

Back