advertisement

Naim N Sats

chrisnaim

pfm Member
Thinking of getting a set to run with cdx2/xps 200/202/hicap is it too much for them? Is there any bass? more just to try for a change, useing Kudos 20s at the moment which can be a bit heavy with bass (neighbours}. I will be keeping my kudos but just fancy a change, already have some stands. Any thoughts will be welcome.

I suppose if you can find a second hand pair at a reasonable price, give them a go, you can always move them on with little or no loss.

Asking for personal experience, is just this, what someone hates, you may enjoy.
Your Naim gear is a case in point, never has a brand divided opinion as much as Naim.

No harm in trying them as the secondhand market for Naim kit remains buoyant and you'll be able to sell them with little or no loss.

For my part I think they're the worst speakers I've ever had in my system (which was Naim based at the time + I had the n-Sat stands). Very tinny, with hardly any bass - it was like listening to a transistor radio.

But if you have an itch to scratch, go for it! :)

Thats exactly what I was thinking try them and move them on, I have used naim for a number of years got rid it all once, but came back used spendor,atc,rega,royd,pmc but never tryed naim speakers, yes it is an itch.

Thats exactly what I was thinking try them and move them on, I have used naim for a number of years got rid it all once, but came back used spendor,atc,rega,royd,pmc but never tryed naim speakers, yes it is an itch.

Get some proper Naim speakers. If you want less bass, IBLs?

Thinking of getting a set to run with cdx2/xps 200/202/hicap is it too much for them? Is there any bass? more just to try for a change, useing Kudos 20s at the moment which can be a bit heavy with bass (neighbours}. I will be keeping my kudos but just fancy a change, already have some stands. Any thoughts will be welcome.
You have a PM

I worked at a Naim dealer for many years. I had plenty of time to hear them on the end of many combinations of kit, in a few different rooms and they never had the magic other Naim speakers had/have. We couldn't sell them. Friends in other dealerships struggled too.

No harm in trying them as the secondhand market for Naim kit remains buoyant and you'll be able to sell them with little or no loss.

For my part I think they're the worst speakers I've ever had in my system (which was Naim based at the time + I had the n-Sat stands). Very tinny, with hardly any bass - it was like listening to a transistor radio.

But if you have an itch to scratch, go for it! :)
I use them as surround speakers in my A/V system. I did use a pair in a second system, & changed to Neat Motive 2s because the room was too big for the n-Sats, but they certainly weren't tinny. Just a small monitor speaker, sound pretty fine as long as you don't use the Naim stands & feed them with a decent signal. Again, try them...some folks are really big fans of n-Sats.

Never owned a pair but they are the only Naim speakers, bar maybe the DBL's that I have liked.

Other options if you're looking for smaller, stand mounts are the latest Elac models, which aren't terribly expensive , but sound marvellous. I was quite taken aback by the two models I heard. Both were up to around the £500 price point and I would say they'd challenge the N-Sats, if not better then.

advertisement

Back