advertisement

Naim interconnect

Mickdale

pfm Member
Regarding naim and cables.......

Does it matter what type of interconnect is used - as in solid core or litz type with individual shielded cores?

Also copper or silver?

I know speaker cables do very much so but in this instance I am thinking interconnect (and din to xlr source to 250DR)

Does it matter what type of interconnect is used?

All you really need to know us that they sound different and you can use whatever you like the sound of.

Naim will say that only their interconnects work as intended and sound right but, that's Naim for you. Use what you like.

Look at the Witch Hat web site. I’m using one of there Hat Pin cables between a 62 and 180 definitely better then the stock naim cable. The Morgana cables seem to be getting good results over on the naim forum

I did a few comparisons between the Naim and Flasback Sales interconnects and they sound pretty much the same to me.
Nevertheless, I did put a Siltech cable between my Naim CD5XS and my Supernait and this made a huge difference, music is simply much more lively without any harshness.
Not 100% sure but I think Naim bought Siltech so this probably means something........

I used a Witch Hat din to XLR between 272 and NAP250DR and thought it was an improvement on the stock cable.Now have a NAP300 - currently using NAIM stock cables but will likely go for the Witch Hat 2 x mono DIN to XLR in due course.

The original interconnect cables issued with my Naim power amp are made from flexible 2A 3 core mains cable! I opened up the connector at one end and found the green-yellow earth wire retained but cut off.

advertisement

Back