advertisement

Naim in Statement technology now available in Classic range shocker

zzzzzzzzz......

As this is of zero importance but contains the word "Naim" it will no doubt go on for pages...
Whereas the thread on current drive to loudspeakers addresses fundamental principles in audio/electronic engineering so will die out after a few posts...

zzzzzzzzz......

As this is of zero importance but contains the word "Naim" it will no doubt go on for pages...
Whereas the thread on current drive to loudspeakers addresses fundamental principles in audio/electronic engineering so will die out after a few posts...

Yup...wot he sed.. :)

Will the press release say ' trickle down' and 'shared DNA'?...quoted verbatim by the anointed in Hifi publications.

Other than the vintage stuff I don't think Naim are really of any interest to hi-fi enthusiasts. That bubble has burst.

Ah. The familiar smell of preconceived notions in the middle of mild May. I love it. And I am glad I got off in time when I sold on my black stuff. Would not mind listening to one of the new Naps to see what the fuss is all about. Cheers gentlemen, be gentle!
Peter

"New Statement transistors" FFS, you mean the only transistors they can now buy that suits their needs.

Other than the vintage stuff I don't think Naim are really of any interest to hi-fi enthusiasts. That bubble has burst.

Strange then, that every time they are mentioned the same tired old vitriol is wheeled out by the same tired BOFs.

Strange then, that every time they are mentioned the same tired old vitriol is wheeled out by the same tired BOFs.

Predicable I'd say, but hey free speech and all.

I have had most of the bolt down/Chrome/Olive era and I still think it very good.

Right now I have a modest amount of the current range in a 152XS/200 and I do like it, the 200 being particularly good.

Some folk log on day after day to have a pop at Naim; ain't that a shame.

Its cheaper to buy a special transistor in bulk.
More significantly the Statement article implies the devices are mosfets, so the trickle down is mosfet output rather than bipolar

Statement promo vid show they dipped the transistors in chocolate.

They trickle leftover chocolate over older N devices now?

"realised by photo-etching single wafers of silicon for each batch of the N-type (NA009CN) and P-type (NA009CP) devices" page 3 of original HiFi News linked article
Current sharing would be less of an issue with bipolars, on MOS the Vgs threshold is the parameter to match

Its cheaper to buy a special transistor in bulk.
More significantly the Statement article implies the devices are mosfets, so the trickle down is mosfet output rather than bipolar
Is there any reason to suppose MOSFET other than Paul Miller's use of 'N Channel' and 'P Channel'?

I think it is likely a development of the existing transistor amplifier topology, which is balanced outputs with single output devices. So turn the voltage up and put four complete amps in parallel. This then naturally ripples back to the lower end products. This implies 8 boards inside a Statement power amp, each board containing a single single ended amplifier running on +/- 60v rails and with four output devices per board, two for the power regulation and two for the amplifier itself. To see what is complementary and what, if anything, remains quasi would require a proper look. The photos aren't clear enough. Complementary output devices are not novel for Naim.

Paul

The NAIT 1 had complementary outputs but that's all I can think of right of. Historically Naims odd numbered output devices 001, 3, 5, and 7 have all been NPN transistors. Good news for the newer kit owners. Still good news for us heathens who upgrade the older gear too.

advertisement

Back