advertisement

Naim I love me who do you love

I remember Linn packaging. Double boxed with zero movement of it's shit in side. The naim packaging is not the most secure and vary easily punctured on its travels back and forth from the factory. The Wilson packaging is so good it can be sucked up in tornado and still be immaculate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlEMTsay_u4

WOW what a big boy toy.[/QUOTE

Linn packaging is quite good, Pitty about the stuff they pack in it all though.

That GOD DAM LP-12 tho. The only old stuff they service because they can make a scary buck on it. My Linn ship is blowing in the wind.

its only the old linn gear that is any good, the new stuff isnt up to the price tag and the new speakers are the worst they have ever done. Where the hell did they dream up the price of the Climax speakers? They sound like B&Ws less than half there price. I think they have lost there way a little trying to keep up with others rather than concentrate on what they done best..hi-end audio. I just hope naim dont go the same way. Dont care what people might say about Naim you will not beat them on customer services weather your buying something new off them or not

"The babies are coming" he says. Stand-mount Ovators?

the S-400's arnt stand mount. there just a scaled down version of the S-600 as the S-800 are just going to be scaled up versions. IMO the Ovators are brilliant speakers. I bought a set of 600's after listening to speakers worth £1000's more than them. Think they are extremely detailed and the most neutral speaker i heard while looking. I was actually very surprised to find they were only £6,250. I think ide of still bought them with a couple of grand extra on top of that. Can take a hell of a lot of stick too which is always good :) Installation can be a bitch tho to get them to sound their best

its only the old linn gear that is any good, the new stuff isnt up to the price tag and the new speakers are the worst they have ever done. Where the hell did they dream up the price of the Climax speakers? They sound like B&Ws less than half there price. I think they have lost there way a little trying to keep up with others rather than concentrate on what they done best..hi-end audio. I just hope naim dont go the same way. Dont care what people might say about Naim you will not beat them on customer services weather your buying something new off them or not

This has already happened as they now sell over 100 different products and a lot of it is not amplifiers (what they do best).

the S-400's arnt stand mount. there just a scaled down version of the S-600 as the S-800 are just going to be scaled up versions.

I know - I saw them in the video. But at the end of the video, the interviewer says, "Now we've got two members of the family {400 and 600} and we're looking forward to seeing some more maybe in the future", to which Paul Stephenson responds, "The babies are coming". Which to me sounds like more Ovators, and "babies" at least hints they might be smaller than the other members of the family. Hence my post.

I don't like Naim speakers at all, so it doesn't really matter.

advertisement

Back