advertisement

Naim hiline repair

hp1

pfm Member
Does anyone the state of play regarding early hiline s, I have one here that comes apart if you look at it funny?

I think they all come apart with little more than a black look, but the links are 'clickable'; at least, some are. Naim repaired mine FOC but that was some 4 years or so ago.

As long as it's fine electrically, it's worth investigating with a tiny screwdriver; or phone Naim.

Mine fell apart within a few weeks of owning it.
Sent it back to the dealer, and after several arguments was eventually sent a replacement - which looked like it was somebody else's which had been repaired previously.

Not Naim's finest hour.....

Now moved on to phono connectors !

Mine fell apart within a few weeks of owning it.
Sent it back to the dealer, and after several arguments was eventually sent a replacement - which looked like it was somebody else's which had been repaired previously.

Not Naim's finest hour.....

Now moved on to phono connectors !

Me too; After 30+ years of a terrible DIN, I've recently reverted to the relative calm of RCAs

Despite your Hiline comment, they're still being marketed, and at surprisingly elevated prices. Naim's 'not their finest hour' has to be the amazing Flash remote. This is an exemplar of over-egging the pudding.

I've just had a HiLine overhauled by Naim FOC (alongside other work mind).

Edited to add - this is not the HiLine I've recently purchased from a member on here!

I've also got a Flash - phenomenal remote, but doesn't control my (early) NAC52 or the NDX/NDAC, or the LP12 (!)

advertisement

Back