Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Naim HiCap Olive

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by jusphish, Mar 20, 2021.

1. jusphish

jusphish pfm Member

This listing is for my Naim HiCap olive series power supply. Case and fascia are clean and this has been used as the pre-amp power supply in a 72/HC/140 set.

Will be well packed (in non-original packaging) and also includes a UK power lead.

£375 + postage (or collection in NW London)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jusphish

jusphish pfm Member

Monday bump. Still available.

3. Jack911

Jack911 Not a Member You'd Remember

No SNAIC?

lambo likes this.
  4. jusphish

jusphish pfm Member

Unfortunately not. Thanks for asking though, in case anyone else was wondering the same.

5. Nye Samuel

Nye Samuel Cymru am byth

Hi...How 'noisey' is your Hicap? Does the transformer hum like crazy or is quiet chap?

Original box?

6. Nye Samuel

Nye Samuel Cymru am byth

Don't let St Patrick touch your Naim gear...He will drive out the SNAIC like he did in Ireland.

7. jusphish

jusphish pfm Member

Yeah, it's got some hum to it. I can hear it in this (small) room and am very sensitive to it.
    I got a second one recently and it turns out to be a touch better but very similar indeed.
    So... would say this is the typical level of hum everyone talks about.

All this said, I actually sold it this afternoon. Some chance I end up selling the other one eventually too. Will post if so.

8. Nye Samuel

Nye Samuel Cymru am byth

Well done on selling...it was at a very good price...Why you thinking of selling the other?

9. jusphish

jusphish pfm Member

Has a bit of hum too. Trying to see if I can live with it. I do like the sound of the music with it in.

10. Nye Samuel

Nye Samuel Cymru am byth

TeddyCap or Sonic Bliss are quiet...pays your money and take your choice....CB Hicap are quieter...not silent but quieter.

11. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Mine barely hums at all after I tightened the bolts holding the transformer in place.

12. Nye Samuel

Nye Samuel Cymru am byth

Brian...is your olive or CB ?....So just remove outer case and tighten bolts? I read and I am no expert that transformer hum is due to DC in AC supply...so what about dedicated electricity spur plus an earth spike in the garden linked to the socket supplying the units with a big transformer...250 or Hicap??

13. Seanf

Seanf pfm Member

Is HiCap hum a thing? Mine is quiet as a mouse, in fact all of my olive gear is. I can't hear any buzzes or hums, even when no music is playing.

14. Nye Samuel

Nye Samuel Cymru am byth

Maybe you have a 'clean' electric supply?