advertisement

Naim full width extruded sleeve dimensions

vrazji

pfm Member
Planning on getting made some full width Naim cases look-alike.

Would anyone be so kind and measure the exact dimensions of the extruded full width sleeve (without the feet)?

Cheers.

Just measured an empty sleeve and the dimensions are;

Width 430mm
Height 76mm
Depth 302mm

The wall thickness of the extrusion is approximately 4mm.

Dave.

No problem.

If they turn out OK and have capacity to do a few more you may get a few buyers on here.

Best of luck.

Dave.

flatpopely (Andrew, is it?), no. Making a model for the extrusion would indeed be to expensive. Besides I only need one. The plan is actually to make a hybrid between Naim bolt together and extruded cases - meaning they would essentially look the same (same dimensions, wall thickness, etc) with the difference of being bolt together on a sub-construction rather than extruded. I know I will get a thin "line" where the top and the side "walls" meet, but hopefully it won't be seen to badly. The bolts would have to be sunken and in black naturally. The plus side of this construction is that it can be completely disassembled and flat packed.

I also intend to ask how much the same case would cost, but welded together rather than bolted. That would IMO be as close as possible to get to the extruded cases look without spending silly money.

The finish would be (more or less) the same as original Naim cases. Btw, does anyone know how to make olive alike fronts?

If I can get the total costs around say 100 EUR (don't know how likely that is?!) I will surely be going into making a case or two. Hopefully I can get approximate costs in a few days.

Dave, I have no intentions of going commercial with this. If they turn out OK and won't cost too much, I would be happy to help / provide the cases to other PFM members (but not in hundreds please! :)). Maybe a small donation to me/to Tony for PFM upkeep/to charity for the trouble would be more in order...

But mind you this is all strictly under _if_ for the time being.

Thanks for wishing me luck!

Andrew, I'll keep you posted on the progress (by PM if that's OK?). I'll ask for the price for 4-5 cases then - that is likely to get the price down a bit...

You can use:-

andrew dot popely at tukans dot com

I have my own PFM folder in Outlook, it makes interesting reading, or sad reading depending on your point of view!

Just measured my Starfish case (old NAC 42 case) and the dimensions are;

Width 207mm
Height 76mm
Depth 302mm

The wall thickness of the extrusion is approximately 3.5mm.

Dave.

Are the dimensions for NAP half width cases the same dimensionally at the NAC cases?
Just want to be accurate.

Thanks,
M

I'm assuming that fronts are glued on a metal backplate? I'm drawing my plans so that the front side is 2 mm more recessed than the back side...

I'm assuming that fronts are glued on a metal backplate? I'm drawing my plans so that the front side is 2 mm more recessed than the back side...

YNWOAN and I have detailed drawings I'll get them sent to you in the next few days.

The tray (U shape) that sits inside needs to be approximately 7mm shorter than the case depth - so around 295mm measured from front to back.

It should then give around 6mm recess on the front and 1mm on the rear.
The front fascia is then fixed (glued) to the tray and will reduce the front recess by about another 1mm or whatever thickness of material you use.

I think Flatpopely (Andrew) should be able to confirm from his recent work.

Dave.

He's gonna...

advertisement

Back