advertisement

Naim Display

When ever there's an issue like this Naim seam to simply go quite. They should've done a recall Instead and offer a service at cost. They have sadly fallen far from the tree.

What version is it running now? You can update it yourself, or if it goes for a service I'm sure they will do it for you.
Just thumbed through the Setup and it says 4.7.00, but have no idea if that's current, and haven't checked in to see if there are any available.
If it lasts until the next service or ten years, then perhaps I'll get them to replace it again?

Update - checking the website shows latest update available is V. 4.7, so I am up to date.

When ever there's an issue like this Naim seam to simply go quite. They should've done a recall Instead and offer a service at cost. They have sadly fallen far from the tree.

This is the very reason I didn’t upgraded to a 272 - five years from now they may have washed their hands of it

Did 272 have same issue and OLED screen ?

As I understand its discontinued with no new version launched (yet)

Just thumbed through the Setup and it says 4.7.00, but have no idea if that's current, and haven't checked in to see if there are any available.
If it lasts until the next service or ten years, then perhaps I'll get them to replace it again?

Update - checking the website shows latest update available is V. 4.7, so I am up to date.
Yes, you are up to date.

My NDS’s display was fine for about six years, then went dark slowly despite being set to turn off quickly. That was a couple of years ago and, fortunately, have not needed it. I use the NDS purely as a Roon target, and have not needed to change any ports or make other config changes. No plans to sell, but if I ever do, I’ll get the display replaced at that time.

I have just had the same happen to a uniqute I have had in the loft for the last 2 years , on turning on the screen is blank but was bright when it went in the loft. I suppose it keeps the service department in work at the expense to the customer as this is a known fault that as not been addressed in the last 10 years to my knowledge.

What version is it running now? You can update it yourself, or if it goes for a service I'm sure they will do it for you.
Hi, I've recently brought back to life a N-Vi.....can you tell me how I can go about updating the firmware without a trip to Naim? Any help would be appreciated.

I have just had the same happen to a uniqute I have had in the loft for the last 2 years , on turning on the screen is blank but was bright when it went in the loft. I suppose it keeps the service department in work at the expense to the customer as this is a known fault that as not been addressed in the last 10 years to my knowledge.

I have just emailed Naim as I wanted to ask a few questions around this. I want to know if they are replacing screens with the exact same part and what they recommend to keep them running as they should. Is it better to leave the screen on all of the time?

I also feel, the least they could do is enable access to all settings through the app.

You and @garyi are both very lucky - I’ve always wanted an nVi.

Back OT, I’m into my sixth year as owner of a 272, and the display has been faultless (so far)...

To be fair the nVi sounded great, but that is literally where the pluses ended. Its terrible handling of audio connections was only matched by its molasses interface.

Well you can't just "not use" SU display, even settings off after 10 seconds it will highlight when volume or source activated.

Hi, I've recently brought back to life a N-Vi.....can you tell me how I can go about updating the firmware without a trip to Naim? Any help would be appreciated.
Hi, Sorry, I've never used an N-Vi. Not even sure if there was ever a firmware update released for it? If you give Naim a call they should be able to tell you, or Richard Dane on the Naim forum might know.

From what I’ve been researching about 'OLED' screens, they’re not the most reliable, easily suffering from screen burn but also dimming over time. My MELCO has a more basic 'OLED' screen and I leave it switched off for the most part mainly for that reason. It's a real shame as the picture quality of OLED is far superior LCD.

advertisement

Back