advertisement

naim digital selector noise

IWC Doppel

pfm Member
Hi all I have been upgrading my naim AV2 and have an interesting problem (well more annoyance than problem)

I have a small amount of 'digital' noise on all channels when using my AV2 analogue out (so only analogue in and analogue out after running through the pre-amp hen I use it) It is there on other options but not all

With help from Andrew and a few others and following the tiny tracks I now understand most of the circuit. The signal goes through multiplexers to allow input flexibility (although I am not sure that's the case for the rears) and has digital volume chips and Opamps. The question is where to look and what to consider might be causing the noise I am finding. I have a small (it is small) amount of digital, high pitched buzz from the speakers when it is on signal, this can vary from I can hear it to its just a minor amount of hiss with my ear pressed against the tweeter and no buzz. If I choose another input, especially optical (which searches for the input and the says no signal) and then go back to multichannel I can get the noise to disappear. But I can sometimes find when I go to turn a film off it has drifted back while watching the film.

I am not sure it is a problem in some respects, I dont hear the noise directly at the seating position and my 9 naim 135's and supecap are noisier. But be great to get rid of it if possible

Any thoughts about where to look and what it might be ?

advertisement

Back