advertisement

[FS] Naim complete CD system (NAP250, CDS-2, NAC82, etc)

UserSteve

pfm Member
I am looking to sell my complete and fully working Naim CD system.

I will demo the system working in my place in Milton Keynes.

Several years ago I used this forum to research and buy several different kinds of Naim equipment, trying various combinations of CD players, preamps, power supplies, etc. I eventually settled on the superb combination below which I've loved listening to for the last 7 years or so. As fun as it has been, it is time to free up space and take up another hobby. And rather than put the equipment on eBay, it would be nice for it to go back to PFM members. For those that a looking for a basic Naim CD system, this is solid way to start.

Everything is stock standard, no tweaks or alterations from what Naim intended.

Main components included
  • NAP250, chrome bumper, serial number 480**, 1988, serviced by Darren at Class A in Nov 2014
  • NAC82, olive, serial number 1007**, 1994, serviced by Darren at Class A in Sep 2016
  • NAPSC, serial number 1175**, 1996, serviced by Darren at Class A in Sep 2016
  • Supercap, olive, serial number 1074**, 1995, serviced by Darren at Class A in Feb 2014
  • CDS-2, olive, serial number 1495**, 1998
  • XPS, olive, serial number 1852**, 2002, serviced by Darren at Class A in Sep 2016
  • BC Acoustique Siene-2 loadspeakers, floorstanders, cherry finish
  • Quadraspire rack, 3-shelf, cherry finish (wide enough for two components side-by-side)
  • All Naim units are in the original box (except the NAP250 which in is a new Naim box)
  • Most units have the original Naim manual
  • Receipts for the all services

Cables/interconnets included (other than the standard cables
  • Naim XPS Burndy
  • 2 x Naim SNAIC 5
  • Naim Hi-Line CD cable, in Naim tin box
  • 2x3m Naim NAC A5 (black), or any length of Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 required (I have a reel)

And a box of Naim bits:
  • Spare magnetic CD clamps
  • Spare SNAIC screws
  • Spare CD transit bolts
  • Variety of fuses
  • Phono boards for NAC82
  • Spiked feet for Quadraspire rack

Here is a link to the speakers. These speakers work incredibly well with the NAP250.

If you'd like to arrange a listening demo in Milton Keynes, or you'd like to see some photos, please PM me. I am free all of the week till 12th, then will be more busy.

I'm looking for £5,300 all in.

Thanks

You might want to consider splitting if you want to maximise value. Finding a buyer who happens to want that exact set up any time soon might take a while! A dealer would take it as a set, but at trade prices.

I am looking to sell my complete and fully working Naim CD system.

I will demo the system working in my place in Milton Keynes.

Several years ago I used this forum to research and buy several different kinds of Naim equipment, trying various combinations of CD players, preamps, power supplies, etc. I eventually settled on the superb combination below which I've loved listening to for the last 7 years or so. As fun as it has been, it is time to free up space and take up another hobby. And rather than put the equipment on eBay, it would be nice for it to go back to PFM members. For those that a looking for a basic Naim CD system, this is solid way to start.

Everything is stock standard, no tweaks or alterations from what Naim intended.

Main components included
  • NAP250, chrome bumper, serial number 480**, 1988, serviced by Darren at Class A in Nov 2014
  • NAC82, olive, serial number 1007**, 1994, serviced by Darren at Class A in Sep 2016
  • NAPSC, serial number 1175**, 1996, serviced by Darren at Class A in Sep 2016
  • Supercap, olive, serial number 1074**, 1995, serviced by Darren at Class A in Feb 2014
  • CDS-2, olive, serial number 1495**, 1998
  • XPS, olive, serial number 1852**, 2002, serviced by Darren at Class A in Sep 2016
  • BC Acoustique Siene-2 loadspeakers, floorstanders, cherry finish
  • Quadraspire rack, 3-shelf, cherry finish (wide enough for two components side-by-side)
  • All Naim units are in the original box (except the NAP250 which in is a new Naim box)
  • Most units have the original Naim manual
  • Receipts for the all services

Cables/interconnets included (other than the standard cables
  • Naim XPS Burndy
  • 2 x Naim SNAIC 5
  • Naim Hi-Line CD cable, in Naim tin box
  • 2x3m Naim NAC A5 (black), or any length of Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 required (I have a reel)

And a box of Naim bits:
  • Spare magnetic CD clamps
  • Spare SNAIC screws
  • Spare CD transit bolts
  • Variety of fuses
  • Phono boards for NAC82
  • Spiked feet for Quadraspire rack

Here is a link to the speakers. These speakers work incredibly well with the NAP250.

If you'd like to arrange a listening demo in Milton Keynes, or you'd like to see some photos, please PM me. I am free all of the week till 12th, then will be more busy.

I'm looking for £5,300 all in.

Thanks
Hi Steve,
I'm interested in your NAP250 CB. Please send me some pictures.
It would go very well with my NAC32.5.
Kind regards
Franck

Hi Steve,
Kind regards
Franck
Thanks for your interest! At this stage I'm not looking to sell individual components, I'd like to sell it all as a complete system.

That Naim kit is pretty much identical to my first Naim system also bought second hand, but i had a HiCap not Supercap.
When i first heard it at my home i was astounded at the sound quality and have upgraded over the years with incremental changes.
It sounds like a lot of money to start with but if anyone buys it they will not regret it.
GLWTS.

Hi Steve,
Kind regards
Franck
Hi Franck
If you are in the EU I have a CB 250 available. Serviced by Class A. Drop me a mail if interested.

That Naim kit is pretty much identical to my first Naim system also bought second hand, but i had a HiCap not Supercap.
When i first heard it at my home i was astounded at the sound quality and have upgraded over the years with incremental changes.
It sounds like a lot of money to start with but if anyone buys it they will not regret it.
GLWTS.
I also started with a HiCap/NAC282 combination. Then I got a NAC82 with two HiCaps, and eventually added swapped the 2 HiCaps with a Supercap. Each time there was a definite increate in definition and clarity. It's addictive! I also tried several CD player combinations - CD5XS, CD5XS/XPS, CD5X/Flatcap-2x, and CDX. I'd say the CD5X/Flatcap was a close second to my what I settled on., the CDS-2/XPS.

This is my first Naim system. I remember putting on some of my favourite CDs and being amazed that I could literally hear lyrics that I'd not heard before, especially on Tori Amos Little Earthquakes and Under the Pink. And all the extra musical sounds - on Diana Krass's Almost Blue and Temptation, the fingers on the double bass frets, her breathy vocals so realistic it makes the hairs on my neck stand up, the warmth and depth of the bass.... Ahh, good memories. Like I say, addictive! :)

advertisement

Back