advertisement

Naim CDX

Ossie

After a power surge I can't get the unit to read any CDs. All the lights switch on so it is getting power. Any ideas

After a power surge I can't get the unit to read any CDs. All the lights switch on so it is getting power. Any ideas
I get two horizontal lines in the display and if I press play it is replaced by the Err signal

Could be a coincidence, the puk and spindle may need a clean, give the puk rubbers a pull and rotation g, make sure all cd hole are clean too. You could get some blue tac and very gently/lightly dab them a few times. Generally you would hear the cd slipping if that was the case. Best not to touch the lens pick up but i have used a camera lens blow brush to remove dust.
If your in Australia? You may need to find a repair shop. Things have changed as far as Naim servicing is concerned down under so im unsure a “Naim service” would be any better than a random electronic engineer. Im sure its not impossible to fix unless its a part that is no longer supplied like most of the moving parts in old CD players.

Also if you are using an XPS disc reading problems can happen from a failed capacitor.

Last edited:
If you've got the original puck, try and get hold of the later or latest one. The ones with the rubber bands were always a problem.

advertisement

Back