advertisement

Naim CD555 PSU burndy pin layout

mr-particle

Is there anybody, who can provide me with the pin layout of the two burndy inputs of the CD555?

My idea is, to modify my own two XPS2 PSU I have to use them for the CD555, before I am wasting money for a new CD555PS.

Any information or ideas concerning that are wellcome.

Try this thread

Unfortunately some images belonging to this thread are no longer available.

The 555ps generates an additional voltage rail for the 555 clock. From looking at a pic posted on the Naim forum a couple of years ago, this rail is in the Burndy further from the corner. The Burndy nearer the corner carries three? copies of a rail that is in the further Burndy.

So tht´s what I found out.

First the pin layout for the XPS2 units I have:

A- +10V
B- /
C- +15V
D- 0V
E- GND (case)
F- /
G- /
H- /
J- /
K- -22V
L- +22V
M- -10V
N- 0V
P- 0V
R- +15V
S- /
T- /
U- 0V
V- /

For the CD555PS burndy1 (left socket, looking on the backside of the unit) I found:

A- +10V
B- /
C- +15V
D- 0V
E- GND (case)
F- /
G- /
H- +12V
J- /
K- -22V
L- +22V
M- -10V
N- 0V
P- 0V
R- +15V
S- /
T- 0V
U- 0V
V- /

And for the CD555PS burndy2 (right socket, looking on the backside of the unit) I found:

A- /
B- +22V
C- /
D- /
E- /
F- /
G- /
H- /
J- /
K- -22V
L- +22V
M- +22V
N- -22V
P- /
R- /
S- -22V
T- /
U- 0V
V- /

Is there anybody, who can confirm?

Hi bivalve,

I have a CD555 headunit, but no CD555PS psu.

So, since I am owning two XPS2 psu´s, I have the idea to modify these units,
so that I can use one XPS2 for the burndy1 of the CD555, and the second XPS2 for the burndy2.

That´s the reason, why I am asking for the CD5555PS pin layout, since I have no to acess to a CD555PS, to confirm my pin out I have posted above.

Good job!
I have accessed CD555Ps, Output 2 have common voltages,they tapped from the same regulators of OP1.
one Regulator covers for +22V and the other Regulator covers for -22V :D

555-pinout.png

From the horses mouth

The XPS has pins C, P, D and R connected as per the diagram but pins H and T are missing. All other pins are as per the diagram. This is definitive information by the way. The 12.5V usually measures around 12.7V in reality, Naim like to provide a slightly higher voltage (as with the other pins).

The xps out puts 22+ 0 22- vdc , 10+ 0 10- vdc and 2 x 15+ vdc .

The 555ps has an extra winding off the transformer for the clock power supply which is 12.5+ 0 vdc on pins H and T.

advertisement

Back