advertisement

[FS] Naim Audio CDS/CDPS

Swifty

Hi All,

Having sold the L300/P300 I am now moving onto the sources that belonged to a friend and fellow pfm'er, sadly he recently passed away and I am selling everything on behalf of his wife. Please look back to my previous posts for more details on what else will be going up.

This is a Naim Audio CDS/CDPS, complete with original boxes, grey burndy and interconnect. I have the original receipt from Uxbridge Audio for the head unit showing it was purchased in 1996, so a late CDS and only 1 owner from new, I am afraid I don't know of any service history on either of the units. The units are in excellent condition and as expected, sound incredible. There are a couple of things to note, firstly one the segments on the display is a little dim which can be seen in a picture, perfect visible just a little dim...the other is that the units had Russ Andrews Oak Cones on them which have left some very difficult to photograph marks on the underside, there is a picture which makes them look a little worse than they are.

I am asking £ 1,150 including shipping, or collection just south of Guildford...I can provide coffee and CD's if you don't bring your own. I believe this is a sensible price for this age CDS but am open to thoughts from fellow pfm'ers if I am off the mark.

Any questions please let me know, here are some pictures with the usual caveats on lighting, reflections and dust.

Many thanks for looking.

Swifty

xYsrbSz.jpg

HnCVPZS.jpg

K48TjVm.jpg

iKkVwcf.jpg

lVHUYH9.jpg

9aEhuNJ.jpg

DyZa3QD.jpg

BqzW7Ge.jpg

MuCVAdl.jpg

cgK0zcF.jpg

I owned a CDS/CDPS of somewhat later/younger provenance. It was by some way the most complete CD player I have heard. For better or worse I was unfortunate never to own a CDS3, which whenever I heard it at Audio Shows seemed terrific, but not necessarily better. I can say definitely that the CDS2 was a step backwards compared with the CDS. Subsequently, I have owned a Rotel 970 (?) BX Special Edition (Wow!),two Avondale Arcam-5's (terrific), a CD5XS (very good with an additional power supply), and a Cambridge CD player with external Dac.

Memory plays tricks on all of us, but IMHO the CDS/CDSP was as good or better than anything else during the intervening 25-years.Isoldmy CDS/CDSP a very long time ago because I did not want to take on board the issues of Naim servicing and scarcity of parts.

Skyebridge

Hi All,

Thanks ever so much for all the interest, the CDS is now sold but have replied to all the PM's.

Swifty

advertisement

Back