advertisement

Naim A5.

Hi,

Linn K20, same as Naca4, little if any difference to Naca5, also at £5 a metre instead of £35 a metre for Naca5.

Works well with Naim amps.

Cheers

John

Witch Hat N2 is supposedly basically the same as A5, electrically speaking, designed as a cheaper/more flexible drop in replacement.

Any thick, multi-stranded copper cable is going to sound similar to A5. K20, A4 etc don't sound quite as good but hey ho. A5 is a pain. I put mine under the floor.

Kept the ends in the room, obviously..

If you have the older gen amps 3.5m pair minimum and anything like 79 strand, Exposure, Cable Talk 3 copper cabling does the trick and all bend easier than A5.

QED 79 cheap as chips and genuine stuff is good quality, as is Linn K20 as said before it met strict Defstan for military use back when that used to mean a marker for quality.

I know cable is a very subjective and personal subject for some I am only commenting on the physical properties not how they may sound haha

Chord Epic Twin. Overall smoother sounding with fuller and deeper bass and slightly more extended treble.

i thought on older naim amps the spacing had to be side by side with a spacer between? the chord stuff is very nice and I use a couple of different ones including the entry level c line which is very good I think.
My only concern is my understanding the chord stuff is all twisted rather than spaced side to side? My understanding was that had an effect om the cables properties?

I’ve been using Avondale’s Black Link for over 12 years now. To me it was an improvement over my previous NACA5. I’ve just bought a 10 metre pair after a rearrangement of the living room, so my old 5 metre pair will be up for sale when I can be bothered.

I use K20 upstairs and Atlas Hyper bi-wire downstairs. When I reverted to an active system, it was immediately obvious that the A5 was not going to be practical. The Atlas is much neater, albeit more expensive.

I’ve been using Avondale’s Black Link for over 12 years now. To me it was an improvement over my previous NACA5. I’ve just bought a 10 metre pair after a rearrangement of the living room, so my old 5 metre pair will be up for sale when I can be bothered.

Two 5m lengths of black link here too. Did the trick for me.

I use this on my Nait 2 and its bendy.

Van Damme 4mm Hi-Fi Speaker Cable UP-LCOFC Shotgun.

I’m using Linn K200 which has an “airier” sound compared to Naim A 5 and is easier to manoeuvre. This is with NAC 272 NAP 300DR and Shahinian Arcs.

advertisement

Back