Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Naim 555DR with Burndy

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by HiFiman, Feb 2, 2021.

1. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

For sale is my Naim 555DR including S-XPS burndy lead for NDX2, 272 connection etc, I'm also including a Naim Powerline Lite mains cable.

The 555DR is in the anodised finish not the cheaper classic case, manufactured in late 2012 as an original DR not an updated model.

Still has 7 years before its next service.

I don't have the original box but I do have a box suitable for courier delivery.

Looking for £4300.00 plus postage and would prefer not to send outside the UK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking

2. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

Are you keeping the originally supplied powerline cable then?

Also...where does the 15+ yr service intervals come from pls?

Not being picky...I'm sure interested parties will want to know

booja30 and Hound like this.
  3. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Are you actually interested in buying the item?

4. RS3

RS3 Member

It should be supplied with a Powerline not the Lite version. Is there a reason why it isn’t included?

Mynamemynaim likes this.
  5. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Are you policing the FS threads? :)

Mynamemynaim likes this.
  6. Mynamemynaim

Yes! I'm always interested in buying ANY Naim gear IF sensibly priced (there's a clue in my user name)

7. HiFiman

When I purchased the 555DR (used) no power lead was supplied I think the asking price including Burndy is a fair price and I'm throwing in a Powerline Lite.

8. joe9407

joe9407 actress/activist

there's a decent chance I'm misremembering this, but I think initially these items didn't include Powerlines.

9. HiFiman

Thanks Joe.

Also Naim don't supply a Burndy with the 555 (only supplied with the XPS) so when you consider the price of a Burndy is >£500 and I'm including one.

10. RoryL

RoryL pfm Member

My Non-DR 555 came with standard mains lead from new (powerline purchased separately later)

JimDog likes this.
  11. RoryL

RoryL pfm Member

What's the difference between manufactured in late 2012 "as an original DR" as opposed to "an updated model" ?

12. HiFiman

Naim released the 555DR in 2012 all I'm saying is that the one for sale is not an old CD 555PS upgraded to DR spec but an original DR.

13. RoryL

RoryL pfm Member

OK, so there's no difference (except that a subsequently updated one has had more recent factory attention).

14. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

It’s got a printed DR back panel and not an applied sticker. Might be assurance for those not confident with checking a claimed upgraded unit does indeed contain DR internals (acknowledging Naim will confirm from a serial number).

HiFiman likes this.
  15. Mynamemynaim

Believe it's a sticker on the first factory DR ones ..for maybe a year or more
    And factory DR did come with powerline as standard originally

16. RoryL

RoryL pfm Member

[QUOTE And factory DR did come with powerline as standard originally[/QUOTE]

Seems the seller sold 2 powerlines the previous day; however it's his gear and he can sell it any way he wishes.

17. HiFiman

Bloody hell, I purchased the two Powerlines independently to the 555DR

Dinovector likes this.
  18. badlyread

badlyread pfm Member

Too many people need to find a toilet. PM if you have a Q!

19. HiFiman

Price drop to £4100

20. HiFiman