advertisement

Naim 523 Boards or Artaxerxes

echann

pfm Member
I currently have my Roksan Shiraz running into 523E boards in my NAC52. Would an Artaxerxes X with DSU be better? Can't stretch to a Superline just yet.

Any experienced input appreciated.

I run a Shiraz and used to use 523e boards powered externally with HiCap, then went to Prefix which was ok, but was easily bettered in every area by an Artaxerxes X in DX2 case.

I believe Roksan have discontinued the Artaxerxes X and are designing a new phono stage, so it could be worth waiting for that.

I've never heard a Superline so can't comment.

mat

I run a Shiraz and used to use 523e boards powered externally with HiCap, then went to Prefix which was ok, but was easily bettered in every area by an Artaxerxes X in DX2 case.

I believe Roksan have discontinued the Artaxerxes X and are designing a new phono stage, so it could be worth waiting for that.

I've never heard a Superline so can't comment.

mat

Bet the new one won't cost the 300 quid the Artaxerxes X plsu DSU currently costs!

Bet the new one won't cost the 300 quid the Artaxerxes X plsu DSU currently costs!

Not sure where you get that price from, even 2nd hand you'd be lucky even for the older version in half width case. The current list price for the DX SE is £1600.

mat

advertisement

Back