advertisement

Naim 252 direct audio signal in Power amplifier

razvanvrs

Trade: razvanvrs
Hello everybody

I have right Naim252/Supercap and Symphonic Line monoblocks RG4MK4. In this moment use Ar Sound GreenLink cable from 252 to Supercap and one normal adaptor ( DIY ) from Supercap with interconect Neotech to give audio signal to SL.

Please can you advise me if is better to give signal directly from Pre 252 to SL ? It is a improvment ?

I can change the cable from Supercap to SL from AR Sound maybe Lunar, but I am very curios if somebody try to workaround/bypass Supercap and make a direct connection between pre and power amplifier

Thank you
Razvan

The design is such that the earthing arrangement affects the sound and is dependent on the passage of the signal through the burndy to the Supercap and then the interconnect to the power amp (in my case din-to-XLR into the NAP250). I haven't tried bypassing the Supercap with the signal, although there are cables out there which do this (ebay). My experience with older Naim pre/powers is that I preferred some of them without the intervening power supply in order to get the shorter signal path - e.g. I felt the 102/180 sounded better without a Hicap, the 72/140 ditto. However in this case I think the 252/Supercap/250 is a superbly designed combination which I wouldn't want to mess with. In a situation using non-Naim power amps I suggest you try it out.

Having said that, the grey din-to-XLR interconnect supplied with the 250 is a pretty old design now, and better cables are available to replace it cheaply, for example one which has the 2 channels in separate cables. Naim really should bring out a better version of this cable.

advertisement

Back