advertisement

Naiad - from myth to reality

Maybe it will surface as a whole entity in 2020

It already exists and people have them. It's just so difficult to build that they can't put it into mass production. Right now the P10 is probably as close as they can get, and look how long it took that to get built?

I thought it was only going to be a test bed/development project. Ten produced this month and pictures of boxing last month. No longer a work in progress.

Rega posted on their Instagram account that they had built 10 Naiad TTs this December for customers

Yep, it’s already available but made to order £30,000.00 (includes tonearm).

Also includes the Aphelion cartridge (£3149) and a carbon fibre wall bracket (I would be very nervous about fitting that :eek:). The tonearm looks to have reinforcement at the headshell/armtube interface so not a standard RB3000.

It's starting to look value for money already :)

Also includes the Aphelion cartridge (£3149) and a carbon fibre wall bracket (I would be very nervous about fitting that :eek:). The tonearm looks to have reinforcement at the headshell/armtube interface so not a standard RB3000.

It's starting to look value for money already :)

Is that a clamp in the picture?

Nice table. It addresses a design flaw in the P8/10 plinth - namely the open foam core in combination with a narrow aspect sandwich sections - this violates principles of sandwich panel construction.

In the Niad, they seem to have run the facesheets around the cut planes, creating a closed section...very expensive technique that would be typically done by hand at a high-end, aerospace-quality composites company.

I am not shure if 30k pounds represent good value, but it is a world class table in a room-friendly package...a big plus for most owners.

The little dodad at the headshell is interesting...I would guess they finally did some FEM modal analysis of the arm wand and cart and found that there was a lowish frequency vertical flexure mode at the headshell. The brace is there seemingly to force that mode higher in frequency.

Last edited:
Sorry, it doesn't float my boat. For lottery winner/footballer pieces like this they should be stunning. Sounding good goes without saying. Sorry, a Gyrodec would be in my lottery winner house instead. Or a VPI. Or a Verdier.

Nice table. It addresses a design flaw in the P8/10 plinth - namely the open foam core in combination with a narrow aspect sandwich sections - this violates principles of sandwich panel construction.

As in, it should be sealed? I've always thought the exposed foam was poor aesthetically, but assumed was so for technical reasons.

That makes more sense, I thought Roy Gandy was against clamping hence my surprise when I thought I saw one.

The "clamp" looks like the strobe pattern for the silver strobe light with the black cord centre left I think. That strobe light looks like it should be placed around the front leg? And three pins would suggest a feedback loop to the controller box as well...

Looks like one hell of step up from my RP3....

advertisement

Back