advertisement

NAC282 - One PSU or Two

I have two jack russells. I spit hairs at night. One is pure white. My black clothes are grey.

To return to topic, each dog seems to have multiple power supplies.

Have 1 JR and 3 half JRs
White hair everywhere especially on anything dark.

We've just taken on two 22 month old rescue Labradors. One of them wants to sit quietly but has occasional bouts of puppy and the other one is full-on PUPPPY!!! still. I hope she calms down.

Jack R's are perpetual energy machines, once they have decided to wake up. The one I knew didn't like mornings.
Our 'pure' (!) JR is a genetic runner. Can never let her loose or she goes. A very long way.
JR / probably Staffie is a slightly bi polar runt / alpha female. Fear aggressive if not calmed. Runs off, comes back. Plenty of energy.
2 x JR / Chihuahua. Lovely little dogs very Chihuahua like with 10% evil, from the JRs. As well as the hair everywhere. Home dogs, pootle around the garden

We've just taken on two 22 month old rescue Labradors. One of them wants to sit quietly but has occasional bouts of puppy and the other one is full-on PUPPPY!!! still. I hope she calms down.
Work on the puppy ness. There were 2 across the road that never grew up. Mental all the time. We would have worked to calm them down

I was suprised to read that dealer would not give a demo of HICapDR. What is the point of the premium brand and pricing, if there is not matching customer services associated with it?

I was suprised to read that dealer would not give a demo of HICapDR. What is the point of the premium brand and pricing, if there is not matching customer services associated with it?
I was disappointed that the dealer wanted a firm order prior to a home demo. That defeats the purpose of a demo, and that is why I reconsidered. Very odd behaviour especially as I had bought from him before.

I was disappointed that the dealer wanted a firm order prior to a home demo. That defeats the purpose of a demo, and that is why I reconsidered. Very odd behaviour especially as I had bought from him before.
Time to look for a new dealer, I'd say! As long as they have a demo unit, and can find a mutually agreeable time for you to trial it, perfectly standard practice for any Naim dealer I've known.

I can only say that for me the DTC using both outputs outperformed a recently serviced single CB Hicap. I don't know that it lost anything of the Naim sound but one slight negative was the cables came unsoldered inside the din plugs and have had to temporarily fix them by twisting which is far from ideal but until I can afford or find someone to solder them it will have to do.

Bloody arrogance.
Find another dealer

Can someone clear up (maybe teddy?) this "teddy pardo" writing on the front of the case, saying that if it doesn't have have this its a mk1 or mk2 (which I understand is not the case?). The mk3 super regulator has been around for a number of years, way before the change of case?
I had a mark 3 and there was nothing on the front apart from the green led.

I lived happily with 32.5/HC/250 for 20 years, joined the Naim forum, upgraded a load of stuff, didn’t like it, bought a load of stuff I much preferred for less money, sold all the Naim, left the Naim forum and came here when it started. I’ve changed bits since but from a happy angst free state.

May I ask you what you're listening on now?
Thanks,

Max

May I ask you what you're listening on now?
Thanks,

Max
Phase one was swapping Naim amps for Dynavector and LP12 for Well Tempered - A fairly well trodden path. Later, I discovered the speaker first solution - Efficient speakers, first Living Voice, then Zu and Audio Note, that allow for really cheap low powered Class T/D amps or valves. I also decided that digital sources don't need thousands spent on them and that a slightly modded Technics SL1200 is just fine. Speakers I bought second hand so I could buy both my main system and the second (and the third) for the cost of a new 282 with a couple of puppies thrown in.

Thanks. I'm still stuck in NaimWorld (years ago I used to play a graphic adventure called Myst3 – Exile, and I used to write on their forum with captions like 'Help – Stuck in Edanna'), but I have moved to TeddyCaps. I too buy mostly second hand, and as far as I am concerned, I am out of the Naim forum since a couple of days after a whole thread of mine was removed due to my reactions to a couple of perfect assholes who had intervened, unrequested and very sarcastically, one of whom not even about the topic. I still like much of the Naim sound but often I very hardly bear the population of weirdos that, safe for a fistful of ok persons I am in touch with personally, pollutes the forum.

I am listening to vinyl more and more. I too believe in speakers first. It was sensible 50 years ago, and it doesn't seem to me that the world has become more sensible in the last 50 years.

Max

Most of my best music mates are Naimed to the nines and I've no problem with that. The prices are beyond silly though for new stuff and there's a big world out there... I left the Naim forum when I came here although I still had a 32.5 and a 110 then that I probably should have kept.

Also, although I'm not a big believer in kit for genres, I do think what I have now is better suited to jazz trios, string quartets and the like that I listen to now but didn't then.

I have an unbalanced Naim hybrid system.

A NAP 250DR, with a Musical Fidelity preamp that I found in the loft.

I was thinking that if I can get it to sound as good as the 282 with 3 supplies I'll sell the lot and buy some pedigree puppies.

advertisement

Back