advertisement

NAC102 Volume Control

Damas

pfm Member
I have a 102 from 1997 and the remote volume control has stopped working. When trying to change the volume, the knob jumps forward (or backwards) about 5 deg and stops. Is this a common problem and is there anything I can do myself to ease the friction? I live in Italy and the rest of the amp is fine so can't justify sending it back to Naim just for this.

Other info - The controls are powered with a NAPSC and the rest of the remote controlling works OK.

Thanks Paul

hey, just saw your post, no one replied? sorry to see that! I read on another thread that there is an adjustment that can be done for the remote volume control, it is in the amp on the circuit board, i dont remember much more than this. worth a try, look for a hole in the circuit board with a plastic screw beneath it (i am going from shaky memory here)... the adjustment was to adjust how for volume ran when adjusted, could work?

hope you got it working

adam

Hi

I had a very similar problem with the volume control on my 102. It turned out to be the bateries in the remote control! Might be worth trying a new set before taking the amp apart.

I too have suffered from sticky knob syndrome!

If changing the batteries doesn't work, try easing the knobs away from the fascia slightly, as they have a tendency to catch.

Regards,
Ed.

advertisement

Back