advertisement

Myst G-ohm power supply problems

William Bates

Hi, I am trying to rebuild my brother's Myst hifi & the psu was left in a leaky shed, I need to be able to identify the missing wirewound resistors & other components if anyone is able to help? Many thanks & God bless, Bill.

Hello Bill,

I don't have any answers for you, but perhaps your picture here might help others hazard a guess. The second picture is from a thread on here at pfm started by @misterc6, perhaps he can be of further assistance?

ZUPcTK5.jpg

DSCF1034.jpg

Thanks for that Craig, I've been in conversation with Bill but had lost all my photos of the G-Ohm which I owned for a very short period and I never had any circuit diagrams.

The layouts appear to be quite different. In the bottom photo, which I took, there's a bridge rectifier and two reservoir capacitors supplying positive and negative rails to the power amplifiers together with some small components around the right-hand socket presumably to supply a lower voltage to the preamplifier.

By contrast, the upper photo shows a small circuit board and two active devices which I guess are supplying the preamplifier. Looking at the amount of rust damage perhaps a rebuild would be in order?

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm.

I've always had a soft spot for the tma3, despite never having seen one in the metal, let alone having heard one; it's just that it always appeared to be so exquisitely laid out within.
Looking under the hood just soothes my OCD no end.

Is this another shot of your patio table?

image.jpg

Thanks Malcolm.

I've always had a soft spot for the tma3, despite never having seen one in the metal, let alone having heard one; it's just that it always appeared to be so exquisitely laid out within.
Looking under the hood just soothes my OCD no end.

Is this another shot of your patio table?

Yes, indeed it is!

advertisement

Back