advertisement

My new Sparky

Darth Vader

From the Dark Side
So my new extension is nearing roof completion and our builder brings his sparky around. The guy turns up two hours late so I am not in that good a mood. Anywho my wife takes him into our living room so that he can photograph our brass fittings in order to get matching switches and sockets whilst I chat to our builder when my wife calls me. The guy is in a sort of shock as he points to my speakers and says "are those Shahinians?" Now this guy is the first who is not a HiFi dealer to ever recognise let alone know about Shahinian so his rating went from -100 to +100 immediately. It turns out that this guy is not only a HiFi buff but used to work for Audio Council. I'll get his name when I see him again next week.

I had to bite my tongue really hard when he started on about how his system improved with a change of interconnects and speaker cable! Aaaaarrrrgh!

Cheers,

DV

And don’t get him started on dedicated hifi radials, special mains cables and gold plated earth rods ...... !

Audio Council or Counsel? If the former I’m very surprised he knew what Shahinians were! If the latter I’m surprised he wasn’t certain.

Careful: This way madness and acrylic stands lie.

Joe

So my new extension is nearing roof completion and our builder brings his sparky around. The guy turns up two hours late so I am not in that good a mood. Anywho my wife takes him into our living room so that he can photograph our brass fittings in order to get matching switches and sockets whilst I chat to our builder when my wife calls me. The guy is in a sort of shock as he points to my speakers and says "are those Shahinians?" Now this guy is the first who is not a HiFi dealer to ever recognise let alone know about Shahinian so his rating went from -100 to +100 immediately. It turns out that this guy is not only a HiFi buff but used to work for Audio Council. I'll get his name when I see him again next week.

I had to bite my tongue really hard when he started on about how his system improved with a change of interconnects and speaker cable! Aaaaarrrrgh!

Cheers,

DV

bless...maybe he's a noob?

advertisement

Back